On Nov 12th, I attended a lecture by Mid-East expert Caroline Glick (calling her an ‘expert’ does no justice to her credentials) who pointed out the fact that Libya is now controlled by Al Queda members and sympathizers, and that some of the former regime’s weapons have made their way to Hamas in the Gaza Strip to be used to threaten Israeli civilians.
- Caroline Glick.com: About Me
- Jerusalem Post, Aug 18/11: Libya threatens to become terrorist arms depot “Yoram Schweitzer, a senior research fellow at Israel’s Institute for National Security Studies, told The Media Line that there are already signs that some Libyan weaponry has reached the Islamic militant movement Hamas in the Gaza Strip.”
- The Investigative Project on Terrorism, Nov 09/11: Al-Quaida claims it acquired Libyan weapons “…independent observers report that an al-Qaida flag is hanging from the revolution’s starting point in Benghazi.”
I suspected all along that the so-called Arab Spring, coupled with other key developments (such as the new alliance between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority, and the raining down of rockets on Israel from Gaza), would result not in democracy, but in more Islamist terror and oppression.
- VoiceofCanada Special Report, April 20/11: Dramatic increase in Palestinian targeting of Israeli civilians prelude to unified Arab attack? ”The confluence of Mid-East events leads one to wonder if Palestinians are deliberately provoking the Israelis as part of a strategic plan involving a coordinated attack against Israel and/or a longer-term plan to strengthen support for the Muslim Brotherhood in Arab countries currently facing popular revolts against despotic and/or western-friendly regimes.”
That belief was confirmed when Libya’s victorious thugs announced that the bestial Sharia law would be imposed:
Glick agrees: The West fails to understand the real issue in the Middle East – ‘genocidal anti-Semitism’
During my Blue Beret vigil at the London mosque (which I launched to protest its support for the Canadian Boat to Hamas) I had a letter published by the Hamilton Spectator in which I suggested that Israel’s border are not the problem in the Middle-East, but rather the ‘genocidal anti-Semitism’ that is inculcated in Muslims:
- VoiceofCanada, June 27/11: Mark Vandermaas letter to Hamilton Spectator: ‘Genocidal anti-Semitism is the issue’
- VoiceofCanada feature: (FINAL) Day 26 Update: ‘Blue Beret’ vigil at London (Ontario) Muslim Mosque vs. support for ‘Canadian Boat to Hamas’
Interestingly, Caroline Glick used this exact terminology to describe one of the key factors she believes that the West fails to understand about the region: the overwhelming support in the Arab street for the belief that Jews must be eradicated and Israel destroyed.
One must wonder how it is that the government of Canada could be so blind to the reality that the Arab Spring was more likely a prelude to a new Islamic caliphate run by the Muslim Brotherhood than a democratic revolution of liberalism.
Canada to honour the mission that installed Islamo-Nazi Sharia terror regime in Libya
Only the most naive and disingenuous could have believed that democracy was breaking out in the Middle East, but the government of Canada drank from the U.N. pitcher of Arab Spring koolaid, sending in our air force to install an Islamo-Nazi-Sharia-terror regime. In fairness, the House of Commons – according to the CBC – voted unanimously to send our troops to Libya, so every MP in the country has the stink of this despicable accomplishment on their hands.
Now, the Harper government has announced it intends to ‘honour’ this inglorious endeavour:
- CBC News, Nov 16/11: Libyan mission Canadian Forces to be honoured
On November 11th. I proudly marched with other Canadian Forces veterans during London’s Remembrance Day observances. The pride I feel as a former peacekeeper who served in the Middle East is now tempered by the shame of knowing that my government used my brothers and sisters in arms to help bring Sharia law to Libya and weapons to Hamas. A blind man could have seen it coming and, if there is any justice at all, this sad affair will go down as the lowest point in Canadian military history.
I do not blame members of the Canadian Forces; they were given lawful orders which they obeyed to the best of their abilities. They were failed, as were all freedom-loving people of the world, by politicians who should have known better.
This is a time for apologies, not celebrations.
- Salim Mansur, Nov 26/11: Arab Spring clears way for Islamists
- JihadWatch, Nov 26/11: “Moderate” and “largely secular” Muslim Brotherhood holds rally where participants vow “One day we’ll kill all Jews”
- Salim Mansur, London Free Press, Nov 05/11: Arab Spring a mask for ruthless men