(UPDATED Sept 04/15 – new Mark Steyn book: ‘A Disgrace To The Profession‘ – all about Michael Mann’s ‘hockey stick’ hoax; link below)
I’ve never written about the climate change debate because I never knew quite what to believe, although I did have my doubts about the hysterical man-made climate doomsday scenarios that are getting more strident by the day.
Enter my good friend David Strutt who recently started a campaign to convince Ontario Liberal MPPs that a carbon tax was a very bad idea. He cc’d his friends when sending the politicians the seminal video below of geologist/climate expert Dr. Don Easterbrook testifying March 26/13 at a ‘Climate Change’ session held by the Washington State Senate Energy, Environment & Telecommunications Committee.
This is testimony that every legislator in the world needs to see before voting on climate issues. It is 90 minutes of pure revelation and nuanced discourse by a calm, rational scientist with 50 years of experience, logic and facts on his side.
One of the shocking truths Dr. Easterbrook points out is that there is indeed a scientific consensus about man-made global warming, but not the one you hear about in the media and from climate extremists…far from it: in fact, over 31,000 American scientists have signed a petition declaring their opposition to the hypothesis of man-made global warming.
Watch the videos of Dr. Easterbrook and 4 other doctoral-level climate experts (including a co-founder of Greenpeace, and a NASA scientist), then judge for yourself.
- DR. DON EASTERBROOK (Professor Emeritus of Geology) testimony at ‘Climate Change’ session, Washington Senate Energy, Environment & Telecommunications Committee, March 26/13 [VIDEO, 1:29:33]
- Supporting Documents from Dr. Easterbrook’s testimony [LINK]: a) Document: Summary of Flaws in Senate Bill 5802 [PDF, 2p] b) PowerPoint slides: What you need to know about global warming… [PDF, 16MB]
- Global Warming Petition Project (PetitionProject.org): Petition mentioned by Dr. Easterbrook during his testimony–signed by 31,487 American scientists, including 9,029 w/PhDs, debunking the myth that there is a consensus among scientists about catastrophic human-caused global warming. Dr. Art Robinson explains why he started the project [VIDEO, 16:06].
- DR. ROY SPENCER (Ph.D. in Meteorology; frmr senior climate scientist at NASA), 9th International Conference on Climate Change, July 7-9/14: What Do We Really Know About Global Warming? [VIDEO, 24:04] (excellent presentation with very illustrative, well explained graphs). Also, see Dr. Spencer’s testimony before the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works, including the answers to questions posed by senators. [VIDEO]
- DR. PATRICK MOORE (former Greenpeace founder), 9th International Conference on Climate Change, July 7-9/14: Confessions of a Greenpeace Drop Out. [VIDEO, 29:52]
- DR. ART ROBINSON (Chemist, co-founder of Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine), 9th International Conference on Climate Change, July 7-9/14: Global Warming: 31,487 Scientists say NO to Alarm. Dr. Robinson explains why he started the Global Warming Petition Project that has been signed by igned by 31,487 American scientists, including 9,029 w/PhDs who reject the myths about catastrophic human-caused global warming. [VIDEO, 16:06].
- DR. DAVID M.W. EVANS (consulted full time for the Australian Greenhouse Office 1999 to 2005), Feb 20/13: Climate Change in 12 Minutes – The Skeptic’s Case [VIDEO, 12:52]
- Mark Steyn book, August 2015: A Disgrace To The Profession: The World’s Scientists – In Their own words – On Michael E Mann, His Hockey Stick And Their Damage to Science, $19.95 [LINK]
- Climate Change 101 (Canadian) [LINK] (A great starting point for people new to the issue who are trying to separate truth from fiction)
A good question…
Another friend who ran as a candidate during the last provincial election was invited to speak to students where he was asked what he thought about global warming. Rather than get into a complicated debate on the facts and figures, he appealed to their own sense of logic with a thought-provoking and revealing question:
10,000 years ago our area (south-western Ontario) was covered by a glacier. Given that there were no man-made sources of CO2 at the time, what made it melt?