CO2 makes up only .036% of the atmosphere. As Dr. Easterbrook points out, an 8/1000th of 1% increase in CO2 is next to nothing and, in addition to other reasons, cannot be responsible for global warming or climate changes. Created by David Strutt, DStruttPhotography.com. CLICK TO ENLARGE IN NEW WINDOW.
(UPDATED Aug 2017 – The Great Global Warming Swindle documentary. See OTHER REFERENCES below. Watch this PLUS The Truth About Carbon Dioxide by former Greenpeace leader Dr. Patrick Moore (Expert #3 below) and you’ll know more than 99% of the population about how climate works and why anthropogenic climate change is a big scam.
(UPDATED Sept 2016: The Truth About Carbon Dioxide, by former Greenpeace co-founder Dr. Patrick Moore. Earth is actually low on CO2 according to this irrefutable expert. See ‘Expert #3 below.)
(UPDATED Nov 30/15 – short, but hard-hitting video by Greenpeace co-founder Dr. Patrick Moore: What They Haven’t Told You About Climate Change. See ‘Expert #3’ below.)
I’ve never written about the climate change debate because I never knew quite what to believe, although I did have my doubts about the hysterical man-made climate doomsday scenarios that are getting more strident by the day.
Enter my good friend David Strutt who recently started a campaign to convince Ontario Liberal MPPs that a carbon tax was a very bad idea. He cc’d his friends when sending the politicians the seminal video below of geologist/climate expert Dr. Don Easterbrook testifying March 26/13 at a ‘Climate Change’ session held by the Washington State Senate Energy, Environment & Telecommunications Committee.
This is testimony that every legislator in the world needs to see before voting on climate issues. It is 90 minutes of pure revelation and nuanced discourse by a calm, rational scientist with 50 years of experience, logic and facts on his side.
One of the shocking truths Dr. Easterbrook points out is that there is indeed a scientific consensus about man-made global warming, but not the one you hear about in the media and from climate extremists…far from it: in fact, over 31,000 American scientists have signed a petition declaring their opposition to the hypothesis of man-made global warming.
Watch the videos of Dr. Easterbrook and 4 other doctoral-level climate experts (including a co-founder of Greenpeace, and a NASA scientist), then judge for yourself.
- DR. DON EASTERBROOK (Professor Emeritus of Geology) testimony at ‘Climate Change’ session, Washington Senate Energy, Environment & Telecommunications Committee, March 26/13 [VIDEO, 1:29:33]
- Supporting Documents from Dr. Easterbrook’s testimony [LINK]: a) Document: Summary of Flaws in Senate Bill 5802 [PDF, 2p] b) PowerPoint slides: What you need to know about global warming… [PDF, 16MB]
- Global Warming Petition Project (PetitionProject.org): Petition mentioned by Dr. Easterbrook during his testimony–signed by 31,487 American scientists, including 9,029 w/PhDs, debunking the myth that there is a consensus among scientists about catastrophic human-caused global warming. Dr. Art Robinson explains why he started the project [VIDEO, 16:06].
- DR. ROY SPENCER (Ph.D. in Meteorology; frmr senior climate scientist at NASA), 9th International Conference on Climate Change, July 7-9/14: What Do We Really Know About Global Warming? [VIDEO, 24:04] (excellent presentation with very illustrative, well explained graphs). Also, see Dr. Spencer’s testimony before the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works, including the answers to questions posed by senators. [VIDEO]
- DR. PATRICK MOORE (former Greenpeace leader), 9th International Conference on Climate Change, July 7-9/14: Confessions of a Greenpeace Drop Out. [VIDEO, 29:52]
- The Rebel Media, 2016: The Truth About Carbon Dioxide [VIDEO, 20:08]
- see also, Prager University video: What They Haven’t Told You About Climate Change [VIDEO, 4:54]
- see also, Prager University video: Why I Left Greenpeace [VIDEO, 5:40]
- DR. ART ROBINSON (Chemist, co-founder of Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine), 9th International Conference on Climate Change, July 7-9/14: Global Warming: 31,487 Scientists say NO to Alarm. Dr. Robinson explains why he started the Global Warming Petition Project (PetitionProject.org) that has been signed by 31,487 American scientists, including 9,029 w/PhDs who reject the myths about catastrophic human-caused global warming. [VIDEO, 16:06].
- DR. DAVID M.W. EVANS (consulted full time for the Australian Greenhouse Office 1999 to 2005), Feb 20/13: Climate Change in 12 Minutes – The Skeptic’s Case [VIDEO, 12:52]
- Friends of Science (Canadian), Sept 2015: Alberta’s Climate Change Panel Info Is Misleading [VIDEO, 8:03]
- Mark Steyn book, August 2015: A Disgrace To The Profession: The World’s Scientists – In Their own words – On Michael E Mann, His Hockey Stick And Their Damage to Science, $19.95 [LINK]
- Climate Change 101 (Canadian) [LINK] (A great starting point for people new to the issue who are trying to separate truth from fiction)
- David Siegel, Oct 16/15: What I learned about Climate Change: The science is not settled [LINK] (Easy to read but in-depth analysis of the facts that led this Obama-supporting, vegetarian, animal-loving author to completely reverse his position on catastrophic, human-caused climate change)
A good question…
Another friend who ran as a candidate during the last provincial election was invited to speak to students where he was asked what he thought about global warming. Rather than get into a complicated debate on the facts and figures, he appealed to their own sense of logic with a thought-provoking and revealing question:
10,000 years ago our area (south-western Ontario) was covered by a glacier. Given that there were no man-made sources of CO2 at the time, what made it melt?