UPDATED 0007 EST Jan 17/07: VoiceofCanada.ca apologizes for inadvertently accusing ‘Ed’ of creating the phoney neo-Nazi site that supporters of the Caledonia criminals tried to link me with prior to the October 15, 2007 March for Freedom. Please see details of my apology below at the bottom of the post. Also, all statements made by me in this post with respect to the outrageous allegations that I have connections to hate groups are as true as they were at the time of the original post.
Those of you who have seen my movie, ‘MARCH FOR FREEDOM: the struggle to restore equal justice in Ontario, Canada’ will recall that I made the point that the violent criminals in Caledonia and their sympathizers will use false allegations of racism and links to white supremacist groups against anyone who speaks out against them.
It didn’t take long for them to get around to me – someone has now posted allegations on a native-run website that I belong to a white supremacist organization. Apparently, portions of MARCH FOR FREEDOM have been placed on a disgusting neo-nazi website created just today, October 14, 2006, just one day before the March for Freedom.
Let me say the following for the record:
1. I am not now, nor have I ever been a member of any white supremacist organization, nor do I sympathize with their views. My parents suffered under the Nazis in Holland, and so, I believe in standing up against criminals and so-called revolutionaries who would trample the rights of others under their own jackboots.
2. The only place that I have posted MARCH FOR FREEDOM is at www.caledoniawakeupcall.com. I most certainly did not post it or give it to any other person let alone a white supremacist group. I do not know how it ended up on such a site, although I do have my suspicions.
3. I am a former United Nations peacekeeper and member of the Canadian Forces, and I believe with all my heart that democracy, free speech and our sacred concept of equal justice for all citizens are now under attack by violent thugs who will use any means, including disgusting personal attacks, to silence their critics.
4. I have no opinion on the validity of native land claims, including the land seized in Caledonia because I have not studied the issue. I simply believe that all citizens should be treated equally under the law, and that they should settle their disputes in the courts, and not with violence and intimidation. I do have a connection to Caledonia – I lived in Hamilton for many years and did business in Caledonia.
5. After witnessing with my own eyes, the intimidation of Gary McHale in Brantford on October 5/06, I decided to try to preserve my privacy by using the pen name of ‘Mark Allan Whitbread’ for my blogs. This is the name I was born with before I was placed in an orphanage at the age of six. When I was adopted, my middle and last name were changed. The ‘Whitbread’ name is a connection to MY heritage and it is important to me. Unfortunately, the native-run discussion board seems perfectly willing to ridicule my heritage and race – one of their readers posted my picture with a caption, “Here’s Whitebread, looks like the whitebread at the Brantford gate…???” It should be obvious to all right-minded people who the racists in Caledonia really are.
6. I currently hold a Level II (Secret) Security Clearance. Nevertheless, I will gladly submit myself to an official police investigation of my alleged links to white supremacist groups. Gary McHale knows how to contact me, and I have authorized him to pass on my contact information to any force that wishes to conduct such an investigation.
7. Also, for the record: I have never stolen a subdivision of homes; I have never burned down a bridge or a hydro-sub-station; I have never assaulted old people in their cars; I have never attacked a police officer (although I have come to their aid on several occasions); I have never blockaded a road; and I have never attempted to use sleazy tactics to silence another citizen’s right to voice an opinion on an important subject.
8. To the Caledonia criminals – I will take whatever legal action I have to in order to protect my reputation, and I will NOT be intimidated.
9. I will be in Caledonia tomorrow to support the March for Freedom.
Now, more than ever, you need to see MARCH FOR FREEDOM: the movie
Decide for yourself if my words and motivations are those of a racist, white supremacist or a patriot.
You may also want to see my responses to some comments left by the creator of the discussion group. IMPORTANT: In no way do I think he (‘Phantom’) had anything to do with this outrageous deception and resulting slander, although he does bear ultimate responsibility for removing it since the domain name is registered to him.
Voice of Canada Apology – we were wrong and we’re sorry.
Ed | beatle4.blogspot.com |
Mark…. You really should get your facts straight before you post things and end up looking like an ass. You posted, and I quote
“a phoney neo-Nazi site created just one day before the March, and then went into the forums to ‘expose’ me as a racist. Unfortunately for them, they got caught with their pants down when the other members of the forum ran him out of the forum”.
The truth is, I received an e-mail accusing McHale of the association with the racist site. I posted a question and the info about it trying to get clarification as to the legitimacy of that claim and was verbally assaulted by McHale, [xxxxx] and you. I never claimed to know who made the site, I never accused anyone of belonging to it and I sure as hell was not kicked off any boards anywhere because of it. To date, both McHale and [xxxxx]have admitted that I had nothing to do with it. You though seem to think it only furthers your goal by continually posting this but I can tell you right now that the majority of posters, both the 49th parallel group and the reclam group, know I had nothing to do with it.
VoC REPLY: Hi Ed. Thank you for writing and clarifying. I have no desire to do to others what has been so viciously done to us. After discussing your letter at length with Gary McHale, let me address the issues that you raised as well as your own understanding of what happened. If you think I’ve got it wrong, we’ll try again. Here goes:
1. The key issue here is that you are saying that I incorrectly accused you in my original post and in this post as being the one who created the phoney neo-Nazi site and then ‘run out of the site’ by other forum members in disgrace.
You are 100% correct in saying that, after you took a lot of heat on the forum when somone accused you of creating the site, and said that you were quitting the forum, I did believe that it was you that created the site. When I originally created this post I did include a link to the thread which would have, in turn, led people to believe that you created the phoney site when in fact, as I have come to believe only today, that you did not.
2. I would like to sincerely apologize for not being as accurate as I try to be when writing VoiceofCanada, and I am very sorry if my mistake caused you embarassment.
3. I thank you for bringing my mistake to the attention of me and my readers.
4. I will correct this post and my new post [MarkKKK Vandermaas: VoC slandered again (yipee!)] ASAP and I will post these comments at the bottom of both posts rather than as comments. If you still feel they are not accurate, please contact me and we’ll try again.
In fairness to VoC, I would like to bring the following to your attention:
1. You said you were “verbally assaulted” by McHale, [xxxxx] and me. I have never posted on the 49th Parallel. I did complete a registration form after the neo-Nazi site discussion, but I have never actually posted. In fact, I can’t recall ever having visited the forum even once after registering. This, of course, meant that I was not privy to the subsequent discussions and exchanges that would have revealed that you were not the one who created the site.
In conversation, Gary sometimes mentions what is being discussed on the 49th Parallel as I understand he was very active on the forum prior to being banned for what he says were false allegations that he ‘threatened’ the mayor because he said that he would work against her in the next election. As someone outside the forum I find it hard to keep up with what Gary tells me is going on inside the forum, and it is possible that he did mention it at some point in passing. I hope you can believe that, had I known earlier, I would have corrected my posts. It never occurred to me to return to check back on the 49th to follow the thread because, as I recall, you said you were quitting the forum.
In summary, I did not verbally attack you on the 49th because I have never posted there.
2. You said that Gary McHale was one of those who ‘verbally assaulted’ you. Gary has advised me that you have admitted that he never accused you of being connected to creation of the phoney neo-Nazi site. He says that it was [xxxxx] and only [xxxxx] who accused you of this. Gary also advises that he has posted on the ‘reclamation’ site that he believes that you had nothing to do with it.
In summary, it is clear to me that Gary McHale does not believe that you had anything to do with creation of the site, and he says that he never accused you of doing so. Do you have any links/posts etc. that would prove otherwise? If you do, I will be happy to review them and question Gary. I must tell you that, in all the time I have known Gary, he has never lied to me or misled me in any way, so – in the absence of evidence to the contrary – I am inclined to take his word.
3. You said, “I sure as hell was not kicked off any boards anywhere because of it [creating the site]” I can understand how you would think that I meant that you had been ‘kicked off’ or ‘banned’ because of my use of the words that you were “ran out of the forum.” My recollection is that you were being accused by other forum members, that you were very angry at the accusations, and that you said you were quitting the forum. This is why I used a phrase like “ran off” rather than ‘kicked out.’ Frankly, I’m not sure the distinction matters – especially to you – since I do now believe that you did not create the phoney site, and you left the forum in justifiable anger at the accusations.
Ed, I hope I have now set the record straight for all to see – that Gary believes as do I that you had no connection to the creation of the phoney neo-nazi site and I hope you will forgive me for getting ‘it’ wrong. I really do try to be as accurate as possible, but I did fall short on this one. It seems that both of us were mixed up on some ‘facts’, but mine was the greater error. Thanks so much for writing. VoiceofCanada is better because you did, and I appreciate it.
Mark Vandermaas, Editor