UPDATED 2311 EST June 04/09: Link added to U.S. House Committee on Homeland Security report, ‘Tobacco and Terror.’
UPDATE 1134 EST June 04/09: A criminal organization from the Six Nations reserve known as the Men’s Fire has threatened to attack Caledonia by closing a major highway there should police attempt to enforce the law at Akwasasne.
- Turtle Island News, June 03/09: Six Nations threatens road block in solidarity.
Mohawk Warriors followed through on their threat to take over the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) checkpoint on the Akwasasne Reserve in an effort to force the Canadian government to abandon its policy of arming border guards.
“We are going to clear them out,” said Thomas Stacy…Sunday night at 12 o’clock (midnight) we have to have an answer. If that answer don’t come, that’s it. Monday is going to be the worst. That’s the crackdown. It’s going to be over. It’s going to be done. No more signing papers, no more negotiations – nothing.”
“CBSA is a foreign oppressive force who occupies our sovereign community and territory. (They are) unwelcome, uninvited and now carrying firearms. For lack of a different description, that is considered by some an act of war,” said King. “We cannot be held responsible or control what could transpire. There is a real possibility of unrest.”
Canada allows Mohawk Warriors to seize border crossing
Border guards have now abandoned their posts at Akwasasne out of fear for their safety:
- Cornwall Standard Freeholder, June 01/09: U.S.-Canada border closed by Akwasasne protest of guns at crossing REPRINT
- National Post, June 01/09: Border guards abandon posts on Mohawk reserve REPRINT
- CBC News, June 01/09: Border guards leave eastern Ontario post REPRINT
Mohawk Warriors – organized crime protecting its turf
For nearly three years we have been warning people of the dangers of appeasing native extremists, and doing our best to peacefully oppose racial law enforcement in Caledonia. Now we have had a direct attack on the Canadian state by the gangsters who caused so much heartache in Oka, Ipperwash and Caledonia – the Mohawk Warriors.
Not only have the Warriors terrorized non-native communities, their organized crime activities have also victimized native people. In fact, the Canadian side of Akwasasne itself had to be evacuated due to Warrior initiated violence after the community refused to sanction its gambling casino. A hint of just how violent and criminal the Warriors are can be found in these links:
- Peacemagazine.org: Roots of the Mohawk Crisis
- Mackenzie Institute, 1996: The Long Fall of the Mohawk Warriors PDF of original article in Gravitas, Summer 1996 by John Thompson: The Long Fall of the Mohawk Warriors
- Mackenzie Institute: The Ipperwash Protests – An Unfinished Drama
- Journal of Military and Strategic Studies: Carrying the Burden of Peace: The Mohawks, the Canadian Forces, and the Oka Crisis VoC DOWNLOAD
- Mackenzie Institute: Sin-Tax Failure, Ch. 6 – The Warriors Society and the Black Market
- RCMP Research & Evaluation Branch: Aboriginal Organized Crime in Canada
- CaledoniaWakeUpCall.com feature: Smuggling Through Aboriginal Reserves (numerous links to RCMP and media reports)
- U.S. House Committee on Homeland Security, April 2008: ‘Tobacco and Terror: How Cigarette Smuggling is Funding our Enemies Abroad’ PDF – CWUC DOWNLOAD
After reading the above material, only the most naive could believe that the Warrior attack on a Canadian border post has anything to do with protecting native rights against racist border guards, but rather it is another attempt by a criminal organization to intimidate the state into not enforcing the law against illegal activities.
The Warriors are not native heroes; they are nothing more and nothing less than violent gangsters parasitically leaching off Canadians – native and non. Little wonder, therefore, that they don’t want armed border guards scrutinizing their activity. Today’s attack demonstrates perfectly that arming guards is long overdue.
Failure to defend against Warrior crime makes us all unsafe
It is outrageous that the government of Canada refused to defend an international border crossing against threats by Mohawk terrorists. Their failure to do so, despite having advance knowledge of the threat, makes all of us unsafe.
As people in Ipperwash and Caledonia have discovered, the police will abandon non-natives when ordered to do so by native thugs. In Ipperwash, the Warriors helped launch a violent takeover of a Canadian Forces base. Now, the CBSA has abandoned an international border with a neighbour who already believes our attention to security issues is a danger to their own country.
This latest attack on Canada has been made possible by the politically-correct racism doctrine espoused and practiced by those who should have been protecting us all along. I strongly suggest that readers purchase the Donner Book Prize Finalist, ‘Disrobing the Aboriginal Industry’ in order to understand the policy failures that have brought us to this very sad day.
- VoiceofCanada: Book Review: Disrobing the Aboriginal Industry
The very survival of Canada as a nation of laws depends on what happens next
For three years the Canadian government has refused to intervene to protect the people of Caledonia from native gangsters flying the Warrior flag and the police who provide security for their illegal activities, just as it refused to protect the people of Ipperwash before them.
- CANACE report: The Human Costs of Illegal Occupations
- Regional News/CANACE report, Feb 18/25: McGuinty’s Ipperwash Cover-up: the Caledonia Legacy
People in Caledonia have actually placed U.S. flags on their lawns begging for help from our southern neighbour, and Canadian citizens, led by Gary McHale/CANACE have actively worked to provide evidence to U.S. authorities to help prosecute violent native criminals when the Canadian government refused to do so.
If there is anything we have learned from the Ontario and Canadian governments, it is this: If you belong to the favoured race and are willing to threaten and/or use violence to get what you want, the government will cave in to your demands no matter how bizzare or illegal. This is a most dangerous lesson to be teaching, not only to the criminals, but those of us who believe in the rule of law.
We will wait to see if Canada will defend itself from this insurrection. If not, then we should all fear what is coming next.
Be sure to check out Jeff Parkinson’s commentary:
- CaledoniaWakeUpCall blog: Mohawks overrun Canadian border crossing
NOTE: The photos in this post were all taken in Caledonia.
Mark Vandermaas, Editor