CANACE Executive Director Gary McHale has received a copy of the Order by the Court of Appeal for Ontario against the Attorney General of Ontario regarding the case of McHale v. R., 2009 which the Crown appealed after Judge Marshall (now deceased) ruled in McHale’s favour.
McHale had earlier received a copy of decision/reasons.
This means that several government officials are to face a (in camera) pre-enquette hearing for charges connected to the Caledonia crisis under section 507.1 of the Criminal Code.
- Court of Appeal for Ontario, May 17/10: Order – McHale v. R, 2009 [PDF, 1p]
- Court of Appeal for Ontario, May 17/10: Decision – McHale v. R., 2009 [PDF, 35p]
- Superior Court of Ontario, July 02/09: Decision – McHale v. R., 2009 [PDF, 14p]
Mark Vandermaas, Editor
NOTE: Mark Vandermaas is a former co-founder of CANACE. He left in Feb 2010 to found the Caledonia Victims Project.
- Caledonia Victims Project, May 17/10: Ontario Court of Appeal unanimous in upholding McHale v. R., 2009
- VoiceofCanada, July 02/10: McHale v. R., 2009: Gary McHale & CANACE make legal history!
- CANACE reference feature: Race-Based Policing