Gary McHale has supplied VoiceofCanada with a copy of the charge order (called an ‘information’) signed on Feb 16/10 by Justice of the Peace Walsh after he ruled McHale had presented sufficient evidence to charge former Deputy Commissioner Chris Lewis and Superintendent Ron Gentle with Obstructing Justice in the case against him.
Click the image to enlarge. See also:
- VoiceofCanada, July 07/10: McGuinty appoints cop charged with Obstructing Justice as head of OPP
Journalists who wish to discuss the charge w/McHale can reach him via email at email@example.com or by telephone at 289.286.0423.
- Hamilton Spectator editorial, July 09/10: New OPP boss, same old line [PDF]
- VoiceofCanada, July 08/10: Questions for Haldimand Police Services Board Chair Lorne Boyko re Spectator quotes on Caledonia, Chris Lewis and Ipperwash Inquiry
- Hamilton Spectator, July 08/10: Two-tier justice in Caledonia? Mayor calls for new OPP commissioner to make changes
- JeffParkinson.ca, July 07/10: Will Lewis be Fantino 2.0?
- Caledonia Victims Project: R. v. Gary McHale (Counselling Mischief Not Committed (complete details/links)
- VoiceofCanada, March 16/10: Senior OPP officers charged w/Obstructing Justice in McHale case
- VoiceofCanada, March 17/10: Minister knew about OPP obstruction allegations in 2008
- VoiceofCanada, April 14/10: Crown drops OPP Obstructing Justice charges without consulting alleged victim
- CANACE reference: Race-Based Policing
- Caledonia Victims Project: Caledonia Resources
Mark Vandermaas, Editor