ITEM 1: MYTH OF ‘PALESTINIAN’ LAND LOSS
GIYUS.org (Give Israel Your United Support) is calling attention to a popular and misleading image they first exposed back in 2008 – a 4-stage progression of maps purporting to show the stages in which Israel supposedly stole land from the Palestinian people.
GIYUS provides a copy of a 1945 United Nations map (above) that exposes the truth.
- GIYUS, 2008: The Most Popular Lie on Digg
As one of the commenters to the article points out the Arabs repeatedly combined forces to attempt to destroy Israel after its UN creation – and failed miserably. The successful defence against Arab attempts to exterminate its Jews is the only reason Israel is in possession of the West Bank, Jerusalem, and was in possession of the Gaza strip before returning it and withdrawing all its citizens in 2005:
- VoiceofCanada feature: Israel’s Fight for Survival: A Short History
- see also: Jewish Virtual Library, Myths & Facts Online: Israel’s roots
The subsequent attacks against Israel from Gaza demonstrated clearly that giving land to the Palestinians without any assurances of a cessation of hostilities and incitement of hatred is a dangerous, naive approach to achieving peace.
ITEM 2: THE MYTH THAT LAND IS THE ISSUE
Through its 63 years of war and peace – Israel has shown once and again its willingness to go very far for peace. Israel is willing to give up significant land in exchange for true lasting peace.
Over the last few days since President Obama’s speech calling on Israel to return to pre-1967 borders, the main discussion on media outlets has been the issue of borders and land.
But this is not and has never been the main obstacle to the peace process. The main issue is that of Palestinian goals and Palestinians actions over the last few weeks have been less than reassuring. […]
- GIYUS.org, May 23/11: The main problem is Palestinian’s goals and not land
GIYUS is 100% correct: to this day Hamas targets Israeli civilians with its rockets and its charter rejects all peaceful solutions and calls for the destruction of Israel and extermination of Jews. Meanwhile, Palestinian leaders of the Fatah-Hamas alliance (Fatas) continue to incite the most vile hatred against Israel and its citizens:
- VoiceofCanada, April 20/11: Dramatic Increase in Palestinian targeting of Israeli civilians prelude to unified Arab attack?
- VoiceofCanada, May 18/11: Hamas MP: Jews brought to Palestine for the “great massacre” in preparation for United States of Islam caliphate
- United Nations Human Rights Council, July 06/06, A/HRC/S-1/NGO/4: Joint Statement on Hamas Charter [UN download PDF; VoC download PDF] (condemnation of Hamas Charter for calling for jihad against Jews)
- Washington Post, June 29/10: Hamas is a threat to the Palestinian cause [CIC link]“Berman traces Hamas’s intellectual pedigree to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood, whose founder, Hassan al-Banna, greatly admired Hitler, and to Haj Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem who spent much of World War II in Germany cozying up to Hitler, organizing a Muslim SS unit and, on occasion, remonstrating with the Nazis for not killing enough Jews.”
- Palestinian Media Watch special report, May 2011: The establishment of the State of Israel in Palestinian Authority ideology and education (denying Israel’s right to exist)
- VoiceofCanada, July 07/10: Abbas comments show Israeli military strength only hope for peace
Peace will not come with land alone. It will only come when Arab leaders care more about their citizens’ well-being than in murdering Jews. That, of course, will be a most difficult hurdle to overcome given Muhammad’s repeated exhortations to hate all who refuse to believe in Allah – especially the Jews.
- VoiceofCanada feature: Islamic Doctrine (Sharia)
Mark Vandermaas, Editor