– Jamila Ghaddar, McMaster University Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights, March 09/08
- Blazing Cat Fur, June 08/11: Sea Hitler lawsuit – Canada’s Gaza boat sued for a cool million
Within two weeks of the beginning of the occupation of the Douglas Creek Estates members of McMaster University’s Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights were on the site. They were there on May 03, 2006 when the Niagara Palestinian Association raised the Palestinian flag along with the Six Nations and Mohawk Warriors flag.
Jamila Ghaddar, a spokesperson for McMaster’s SPHR who was on the occupation site when the Palestinian flag was raised, was also a guest speaker at a Toronto protest organized by the Coalition Against Israeli Apartheid – a group that sent delegates to the 2007 Cairo Conference to meet representatives of Hamas, Hezbollah and the Muslim Brotherhood.
No one should ignore the significance of the Sea Hitler’s origins by a group incorporating ‘Turtle Island’ into its name, just as no one should have missed the significance of Mohawk Warriors marching alongside the VP of the Canadian Arab Federation at an anti-Israel protest in 2006:
- ‘Caledonia: No More Nightmares’ event, Ottawa, March 22/11: Mark Vandermaas presentation, Part 2 – Caledonia Myths & Policy Issues: Caledonia: a National Security Issue [VIDEO #2, 14:50] [PDF, 36p w/citations] (includes info re support for native militants by radical unionists, anarchists, anti-capitalists, anti-Israel groups and terror group supporters)
- see also – VoiceofCanada, May 31/10 : CUPE extremists supporting Muslim extremists supporting Native extremists
But, just in case you’re still not convinced of the sinister implications of the connections between native militants and Middle East terror group supporters, let me leave you with some quotes from a presentation by Ms. Ghaddar at a McMaster University conference session entitled, “The Politics of Six Nations-Palestinian Alliances in Caledonia‘:
“A victory for the American Indians of Palestine is a victory for the Palestinians of North America, and a victory for the Palestinians of North America is a victory for the American Indians of Palestine” […].“One of the proudest moments in the lives of McMaster SPHR [Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights] and my life and the Palestinian Solidarity Movement was the day that the Palestinian flag was raised over the reclamation site.
“That day [May 03/06] the Niagara Palestinian Association along with the Haudenosaunee people, hoisted and raised the Palestinian flag alongside the flags of the Haudenosaunee, of various other countries, of unions and many organizations..In the months following, through cold and moments of exhaustion and worry we would raise our eyes to the swaying of the flags and think, we are one, and the winds carry our colours together from Jerusalem to the Grand River.”
- Jamila Ghaddar, McMaster University, March 09/08: The Politics of Six Nations-Palestinian Alliances in Caledonia [conference program; CVP DOWNLOAD – incl transcript of SPHR speaker Jamila Ghaddar: PDF]
Conference Speakers: Mona Hewaydi (Cdn Arab Federation); Jamila Ghaddar (Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights); Rick Monture (Six Nations activist)
Now do you understand why Jews should care about Caledonia? Want some more reasons? Click here.
- see also – VoiceofCanada feature: Gaza flotilla: Anti-Israel propaganda vs. the evidence
- Wikipedia.org (Jamila Ghaddar): Communist Party of Canada (Marxist-Leninist) candidates
- Caledonia Victims Project brochure, March 28/10: Caledonia’s Fifth Column: How radical unionists, anarchists, anti-Israel groups and terror group sympathizers are aiding and abetting native militants in their quest for ‘aboriginal sovereignty’ in Caledonia and Brantford [PDF, 6p]
- Caledonia Victims Project, Caledonia Players: Anti-Israel Organizations
- VoiceofCanada feature: Israel & Anti-Semitism
Mark Vandermaas, Editor