CORRECTION: In the original story, VoC incorrectly showed the date of Ed Holder’s announcement of federal funding for the London Muslim Mosque as being May 17, 2011 – AFTER the mosque’s fundraising dinner for the Tahrir boat to Gaza. The funding announcement was, in fact, made on May 17, 2010. I apologize to readers and Mr. Holder for this error. The story, story title and URL have all been updated via this replacement article.
On Sunday June 19/11 participants in the ‘Canada Boat to Gaza’ mission will fly to meet a boat called Tahrir which will attempt to land in Gaza. Its objective is to break the Israeli naval blockade of weapons delivery to Hamas – whose Charter calls for the destruction of Israel and extermination of Jews.
- United Nations Human Rights Council, July 06/06, A/HRC/S-1/NGO/4: Joint Statement on Hamas Charter [UN download PDF; VoC download PDF] (condemnation of Hamas Charter for calling for jihad against Jews)
- VoiceofCanada, May 18/11: Hamas MP: Jews brought to Palestine for the “great massacre” in preparation for United States of Islam caliphate
Those opposed to the Canadian boat’s mission refer to it as the ‘Sea Hitler.’
Feds fund London mosque after Gaza boat fundraiser
Blogger ‘Blazing Cat Fur’ has gathered evidence showing:
1. On Feb 05/11 the London (Ontario) Muslim Mosque hosted a fundraising dinner for the ‘Canadian Boat to Gaza.
2. The Operations Manager of the London Muslim Mosque, Muhammed Hamou, will be sailing on board the Sea Hitler.
3. The London Muslim Mosque has links to the Muslim Brotherhood through the Muslim Association of Canada.
4. The London Muslim Mosque has links to the Muslim Students Association. The MSA pledge includes these words: “Jihad is my spirit…I will die to establish Islam.”
5. On May 17/10 Conservative MP Ed Holder (London West) visited the London Muslim Mosque to announce that the federal government was providing $39,000 in funding from the Communities at Risk: Security Infrastructure Pilot (SIP) Program. Holder said, “The funding announced…will help improve security so that the London Muslim Mosque and its members can practice their faith and culture peacefully, and continue to remain engaged in our community without fear of harm.”
CORRECTION: In the original story, VoC incorrectly showed the date of Ed Holder’s announcement of funding for the London Muslim Mosque as being May 17, 2011 – AFTER the mosque’s fundraising dinner for the Tahrir boat to Gaza. The funding announcement was, in fact, made on May 17, 2010.
All supporting evidence can be found here:
- Blazing Cat Fur, June 16/11: Conservatives buy seat on Sea Hitler Gaza Boat with your tax dollars
More Caledonia links to Gaza Boat radicals
In addition to the Operations Manager from the London Muslim Mosque, the Tahrir will carry a member of the Christian Peacemaker Teams – a group that works closely with Tom Keefer and CUPE 3903 in supporting those who terrorized Caledonia and Brantford.
As in Caledonia where the CPT does not speak out for the innocent victims of native militants the CPT does not support the innocent Jewish victims of Hamas terrorism and intimidation; it portrays Hamas as a religious “social service” welfare agency while ignoring its genocidal Charter:
Hamas is a religious renewal movement in Islam that was initially supported by Israel as a way to balance Fatah. Hamas also has major social service programs in the refugee camps. There is a small military wing of Hamas.
The Canadian Arab Federation is also supporting the Tahrir mission to break the weapons blockade of Hamas.
Despite the Hamas goal of exterminating Jews, on Nov 27/06 the CAF issued a foreign policy paper demanding that Canada take Hamas & Hezbollah off its list of banned terror groups, calling them “legitimate politicial parties.”
- Canadian Arab Federation, Foreign Policy Position paper, Nov 27/06: Promoting Fair and Effective Canadian Foreign Policy [PDF, 3p, see section 6: List of Banned Organizations in Canada]
CAF VP Ali Mallah has been photographed walking and speaking with the Mohawk Warrior flag.
- VoiceofCanada, May 31/10 : CUPE extremists supporting Muslim extremists supporting Native extremists
The CAF’s Mona Hewaydi was a speaker at the March 2008 conference session, ‘The Politics of Six Nations-Palestinian Alliances in Caledonia‘ held by McMaster University.
- ‘Caledonia: No More Nightmares’ event, Ottawa, March 22/11: Mark Vandermaas presentation, Part 2 – Caledonia Myths & Policy Issues: see, Caledonia: a National Security Issue [See PDF, 36p w/citations] [VIDEO #2, 14:50] (includes info re support for native militants by radical unionists, anarchists, anti-capitalists, anti-Israel groups and terror group supporters)
- see also: McMaster University, March 09/08: The Politics of Six Nations-Palestinian Alliances in Caledonia [conference program; CVP DOWNLOAD PDF]. Conference Speakers incl. Mona Hewaydi (Cdn Arab Federation); Jamila Ghaddar (Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights); Rick Monture (Six Nations activist)
Also aboard the Tahrir will be the former Chief of the Ardoch Algonquin First Nation, Robert Lovelace.
- VoiceofCanada, June 09/11: Another reason why Jews should care about Caledonia: ‘TURTLE ISLAND HUMANITARIAN AID c.o.b. CANADIAN BOAT TO GAZA…’
I’m not sure who to be more outraged at: a mosque in my town that is funding – and sailing on – a mission to make it possible for weapons to reach a terrorist organization whose stated mission is the extermination of Jews and the state of Israel, or the supposedly-Conservative government of Canada providing funding to the mosque.
In any event, if the London Muslim Mosque can raise money for the Sea Hitler, they can pay for their own security system, and the Conservative government should change its policy to ensure organizations which support jihad don’t get federal funds.
Finally, just to be clear: Contrary to what the Sea Hitler’s supporters are telling the public, Israel isn’t keeping humanitarian supplies from reaching the people of Gaza:
According to the new policy, whatever is NOT on the restricted list will be allowed into the Gaza Strip. The only goods that are currently restricted are arms, weapons and various war materiel, and certain items that have military as well as civilian applications. Because of the problematic nature of these dual-use materials, construction materials are currently allowed in only for PA-approved projects that are under the supervision of international bodies.
- Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs, June 04/11: New Government policy brings more goods to Gaza (In June 2010 the Israeli gov’t approved even more shipments to Gaza)
- Canada-Israel Committee, April 15/11: Lorne Gunter: Sailing Against Israel Yet Again
- Fuel For Truth video: Come to Gaza…Get Occupied [VIDEO, 2:52] (upscale shops, hotels, equestrian club, water park, fine dining establishments in Gaza)
- Fuel for Truth video: Fat Gaza – The “Humanitarian Crisis” in Gaza [VIDEO, 4:23]
- Jerusalem Post, Feb 08/09: UNWRA suspends aid to Gaza after Hamas again seizes supplies
- VoiceofCanada feature: Israel & Anti-Semitism
- Gaza flotilla: Anti-Israel propaganda vs. the evidence
- Israel’s Fight for Survival: A Short History
- The Muslim Brotherhood: What do the Muslim Association of Canada, Hamas, Hitler and a school in Edmonton have in common?
- FuelForTruth.org: ‘Do you know the truth?’ video collection
- Amnesty International media briefing, Feb 10/09: Hamas’ deadly campaign in the shadow of the war in Gaza
- Palestinian Media Watch: www.palwatch.org (Israeli NGO w/extensive documentation re encouragement of hate and genocide against Jews in Palestinian media and schoolbooks)