Letter to London Free Press submitted by resident, Jacob Peretz, who was the first member of the London Jewish community to show support for the Blue Beret vigil outside the London (Muslim) Mosque, on Day 3 – June 25/11 (I have made some minor typographical corrections).
Jacob sent a copy to me after it appeared in the LFP.
I would like to submit a letter Letter to the editor July 5, 2011. The London Free Press (LFP), daily coverage of the “Canadian boat to Gaza” is shameful as is the voyage itself.
Billed as a humanitarian voyage to aid the people of Gaza against “Israel’s illegal blockade of Gaza”, this trip is nothing but a provocation against the legitimacy of the state of Israel. The people of Gaza are proud to say that they democratically elected this Hamas government and the world has to accept their votes. These people then have to live with the consequences of a government bent on the destruction of Israel and the elimination of the Jewish people all over the world.
After absorbing thousands of rockets on its people and homes near the Gaza border, Israel implemented a blockade to prevent Hamas from acquiring even more sophisticated weapons into their territory and use it against Israel.
There is nothing illegal in preventing murderers from trying to kill your people.
If these activists really want to help the Gazans, they should not support this terrorist monster, Hamas, as it is ruthless against anybody not going their way, even the people of Gaza.
This voyage is just another in a long chapter of anti-Semitism, hiding behind human rights causes that flaunt their hatred against Israel.
And the LFP is giving them the stage from its pages.
There is a UN blue beret veteran demonstrating in front of the Mosque on Oxford daily [to protest] the fund raising done there to raise money for this voyage of hate.
Twice the LFP interviewed him but his story never made it to the paper.
Shame on you LFP for showing such strong support for a shameful exercise and not showing the opposite view.
Posted By: Jacob Peretz, london
Posted On: July 6, 2011
London Free Press, Comment, Letters, July 06/11: [LINK]
- VoiceofCanada feature: Israel’s Fight for Survival: A Short History
- VoiceofCanada Special Report, April 20/11: Dramatic Increase in Palestinian targeting of Israeli civilians prelude to unified Arab attack?
- Mark Vandermaas, July 03/11: Why I carry a Palestinian flag in my pocket (written during 2011 Blue Beret vigil)
- VoiceofCanada feature: UPDATES: ‘Blue Beret’ vigil
- VoiceofCanada, June 22/11: MEDIA RELEASE: Former Blue Beret to protest London (Ontario) Muslim Mosque support for Canadian Boat to Hamas
- VoiceofCanada, July 07/11: Is free speech at London Free Press now subject to Muslim approval? The ‘Leila Paul’ story
- Mark Vandermaas – London Free Press emails: [PDF].
- Masters of Deceit (Leila Paul), July 07/11: True Patriot Love – Standing Up To London’s Mosque
- VoiceofCanada, Nov 08/07: History comes to Hamilton: ‘No one was left to speak for me’
- Caledonia Victims Project, June 20/11: Caledonia milestone: DCE occupiers & OPP respect rights of non-natives during Truth & Reconciliation Rally