UPDATED — This is the second Caledonia-related editorial cartoon by graphic designer/photographer/Freedom Party candidate David Strutt. He created it after watching the video from our Jan 27/12 protest at which Gary McHale was arrested for putting up a sign at the Douglas Creek Estates occupation site.
- VoiceofCanada, Feb 05/12: ‘No Blacks, Whites or Jews Allowed by Order of McGuinty’ — by Gary McHale
As David said in his email to me that accompanied his ‘Ontario Partisan Police’ logo design, as he called it: “That video had my blood boiling today.”
The inclusion of imagery from the flag of the Mohawk Warrior crime organization, a flag born directly out of crime and violence, provides strong commentary on the black eye our province’s police force has given itself by appeasing those who have flown it while terrorizing innocents.
- Caledonia Victims Project: History of the Mohawk Warrior flag: a legacy of lawlessness
- VoiceofCanada feature: Caledonia Players – The Mohawk Warriors
Since sending me the original version David’s updated some of the graphics slightly (I can’t tell the difference, but I’m not a professional graphic artist with an eye for perfection) and added the words ‘ONTARIO PARTISAN POLICE’ at the top. He’s also produced a version (below) for use on T-shirts which we may make available in the future.
- VoiceofCanada, Oct 04/11: David Strutt election cartoon: Lest we forget CALEDONIA
- VoiceofCanada, Jan 05/12: David Strutt cartoon: CHIQUITA THIS!
- David B. Strutt Photography: dstruttphotography.com (some fabulous wildlife photos!)