Fighting for justice in the Caledonia no-go zone: Our story in our words
Christie Blatchford: Caledonia law = Deep South law
“…the law in Haldimand County operates as the law in America’s Deep South once worked, where there was one law for the white man, who could break it with impunity, and another for the black man. In Haldimand County, since the occupation began, there has been one law for natives and another for non-natives.“
I believe in CANACE principles respecting the rule of law and protection of human rights.
IN BOOKSTORES NOW: Caledonia’s story and ours, as told by Canada’s award-winning author of ‘Fifteen Days’…
MARCH 22/11: FREE THINKING FILM SOCIETY & INTERNATIONAL FREE PRESS SOCIETY BRING CALEDONIA TO OTTAWA!
July 12, 2009 – THE END OF THE BEGINNING! After 4 arrests during a 31 month campaign the Canadian flag is legal once again in Caledonia:
Through the artist’s eyes: Caledonia’s victims, villains & voices of reason
Presentation to 2010 ‘New Directions in Aboriginal Policy’ forum, Mount Royal University, Calgary, AB
- 1 Trump supporter vs. 400 feminists at Women’s (anti-Trump) March, London, Ontario
- Letter to MPs & CBC Ombudsman re hateful, racist, anti-white video by CBC ‘Comedy’
- Trump refugees causing problems at Canadian border
- ‘RAPE MELANIA’ sign – Close your eyes and imagine…
- A Canadian Perspective on President Elect Trump and ‘THE LIARS FORMERLY KNOWN AS JOURNALISTS’
- Save the planet…from climate clowns!
- Dr. Don Easterbrook to Washington Climate Change committee: the testimony every legislator needs to hear before voting on climate issues
- McHales do it again: Haldimand Council votes to dismantle Caledonia blockade
- If Michael Moore Had a Good Twin: A Review of Gary McHale’s Victory In The No-Go Zone
- Freedom Press Canada to release VICTORY IN THE NO-GO ZONE by Gary McHale
- Gary McHale & CANACE shut down Enbridge pipeline occupation w/one letter to Hamilton Police
- “One of most disliked men in Canada” to receive Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal for Caledonia leadership…congrats to Gary McHale!
- Merlyn Kinrade passes — Caledonia, Six Nations, Canada & Israel lose a patriot and friend
- Israel loses a daughter and defender – Rose Lax of Hamilton’s Never Again Group
- Mark Vandermaas interviewed by CBC re Tom Keefer march in Caledonia
- Freedom Party of Ontario bestows ‘Free Speech Award’ on Mary Lou Ambrogio; praises Caledonia activists
- Dear Caledonia residents – about Tom Keefer & tomorrow’s takeover of Caledonia’s streets by Marxists, radical unionists, anarchists, terror group sympathizers and anti-Israel groups
- Vandermaas email to OPP officer re April 21 DCE rally before two ‘breach of peace’ arrests
- Mark Vandermaas honoured as part of Zachor Coalition at National Holocaust ceremony, Ottawa
- SUN TV: ‘The Caledonia Crusader’ talks about racist Supreme Court decision; then heads to Israel Consulate to stand with Jewish Defence League
Readers Comment"You are all to be commended for doing so much, for so many with so little support. Your effort alone makes me want to weep for those who cannot appreciate the enormity of what has so far transpired."
Cited by Ryerson Review of Journalism
Quoted in Ipperwash Inquiry expose
Disrobing the Aboriginal Industry
"And Mark and Gary, thank you for making us feel like we are not alone in this and that there are other Canadians who care." Elaine, Caledonia resident
"Mark, I just want to say thanks again for your diligence and your help with our struggle here in Caledonia. Thanks also to Gary, without his web site no one would know the lengths the government and the OPP will go to appease terrorists. I don't know how much more the residents who live along the occupied zone can take. I know for myself, I feel lost with nowhere to turn, with little to no help. I do however, thank God for you and Gary. Keep up the good work." Caledonia resident
"Dear Mark: this is my first visit to your site and I absolutely love it. I’m from Caledonia and have been fighting the two tiered justice system since day one. Thank you so much for following Gary McHale’s involvement and coming to Caledonia." Beth
"There are many injustices going on in Canada at the moment, especially in First Nation Territory. They could sure use a man of your passion to give them a hand! Sincerely, Rob"
"From the bottom of my heart, I thank you and Gary and all those who are willing to put your lives on hold to fight for freedom, democracy, law and order. They are definitely worth fighting for. If only I was 20 years younger. God Bless you all !" Cora
"I have to commend you on your writing, very direct, effective and from the heart." David Hartless
"Thanks Mark, and also to you Gary. You guys rock, to stand up for us when no one else will is just great. I can’t even stand up for myself for fear of retaliation against my family." 'BeothucVSA'
"Mark, I would just like to say that I was more than proud to stand in Caledonia on Jan 20th with men like yourself, Gary, Chris and Merlin." Larry Dicy
"We need all the help we can get and owe so much to 'outsiders.' Keep up the good work." Margaret
"I personally appreciate the concern and support of Gary and yourself." Donna Reid
"I enjoy reading posts from a true journalist especially one who holds the truth above all other objectives." Jim Anderson
"Again, thank you Mark for a great job at keeping the focus on the issue at hand that is Two Tier Justice and Equality issues." Lisa Parent
"Good stuff Mark...truth is the greatest weapon against corruption and the wider the truth is sewn the less the grip of the corruptors." WL Mackenzie Redux
"That was so nice of you to make that phone call to Jack on our behalf. Your article on Jack was very touching. [enter 'Let's remember Jack tomorrow' in search box above]Thank you for standing up along with Gary and fighting this issue for Canada and Jack too. It is one big can of worms." Mary, Kelowna, BC
- "Congratulations and many thanks to you tireless freedom fighters in CANACE. What a Canada Day present this was. I nominate you all, particularly Judge Marshall, for an Order of Canada award. Many people talk about rights, freedom, and equity under law, but few focus their actions on delivering it. You guys are the genuine article. Thank you again." Caledonia resident
Category Archives: Anarchists & Unions in Caledonia
Dear Caledonia residents – about Tom Keefer & tomorrow’s takeover of Caledonia’s streets by Marxists, radical unionists, anarchists, terror group sympathizers and anti-Israel groups
Earlier today I sent out the following email to my Caledonia mailing list:
Dear Caledonia residents:
How to defeat Islamism
The only non-military response to Islamism and the creeping sharia (Islamic law) that is infecting the world is through strength and activism against this scourge and against those in power who are facilitating Islamist expansion. The generations that went before us defeated communism and fascism, and now we must step up to the plate to defeat Islamism. This task is made seriously difficult because we have a Muslim supporter in the White House and weak, ignorant, misinformed leaders married to multiculturalism, wishful thinking, and leftism that is intent on appeasing Islamists in all but a few places (For political reasons related to 9/11, Al Qaeda seems to be the only real Islamist concern for the Obama administration.)
“It’s no wonder so many of our youth seem lost, without direction and guidance, and are choosing the wrong road. Look at the examples they have to follow.” Six Nations Councillor Helen Miller, May 25/11
UPDATED June 11/11 — In the wake of the lawless takeover of the former Six Nations police station by youths Councillor Helen Miller has written a letter to the Turtle Island News in which she itemizes a brutally honest shopping list of reserve dysfunctionality and provides a shockingly fresh solution:
- repeated vandalism of the Veterans’ hall.
- Men’s Fire telling people provincial laws don’t apply, and that Six Nations Police have no authority, which promotes lawlessness.
- People paying kids to steal cars and sell drugs.
- Cigarette shops, some of which are fronts for drug dealers.
- ATV drivers & Poker Run organizers refuse to respect farmers’ properties and crops.
- People stealing reserve land, including the Glebe Lands.
- Domestic violence is rampant.
- Women and girls are being sexually assaulted.
- Too many kids being raised by single parents because fathers refuse responsibility or mothers deny access.
- Increased violence at sports games with racism on both sides.
- More suicides among kids in last few years than in 10 years.
- Kids being bullied at school, but no zero-tolerance policy adopted.
- Drug addictions are plaguing the community, not just youth, but moms, dads, grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles. Several babies born addicted to drugs, or born w/Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
- Elected council fighting with confederacy council with Mohawk Workers refusing to work with either council.
Another reason why Jews should care about Caledonia: ‘TURTLE ISLAND HUMANITARIAN AID c.o.b. CANADIAN BOAT TO GAZA…’
– Jamila Ghaddar, McMaster University Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights, March 09/08
- Blazing Cat Fur, June 08/11: Sea Hitler lawsuit – Canada’s Gaza boat sued for a cool million
CANACE media release: McHale to seek charges of Assault, Mischief vs. CUPE 3903 leader of Caledonia confrontation
Following up on the Crown’s decision to drop the Assault charge brought against him by CUPE 3903 leader Tom Keefer in connection with a Feb 27/11 Caledonia protest Gary McHale has issued a news release with additional information.
In addition to outlining details regarding the circumstances of the case, McHale states that he will be using the private prosecution provisions of the Criminal Code to ask the Court to issue process for charges of Assault, Mischief and Counselling Mischief against Mr. Keefer, and will also be seeking to have charges of Mischief certified against those who joined Keefer “to interfere with the use of private property.”
- CANACE/Gary McHale news release, June 08/11: Cayuga Crown Withdraws Criminal Charge Against Gary McHale
- see also: VoiceofCanada, June 07/11: BULLETIN: Crown drops Assault charge vs. Gary McHale
Basis of charges vs. Keefer et al
Section 41 of the Criminal Code of Canada provides that property owners/agents may remove trespassers using reasonable force, and trespassers who resist removal are deemed to have committed an assault against the owner:
- Department of Justice, Criminal Code of Canada: Defence of House or Real Property, S.41(1)(2)
Trespassers’ statements to OPP against McHale provide evidence for charges vs. Keefer and associates
Not only does McHale have a wealth of experience in the criminal courts in the field of private prosecutions (see below), convincing a judge that there is evidence for the charges against Keefer and his followers should prove easy since the statements they made to the OPP in hopes of seeing McHale convicted of Assault can now be used against them.