Fighting for justice in the Caledonia no-go zone: Our story in our words
Christie Blatchford: Caledonia law = Deep South law
“…the law in Haldimand County operates as the law in America’s Deep South once worked, where there was one law for the white man, who could break it with impunity, and another for the black man. In Haldimand County, since the occupation began, there has been one law for natives and another for non-natives.“
I believe in CANACE principles respecting the rule of law and protection of human rights.
IN BOOKSTORES NOW: Caledonia’s story and ours, as told by Canada’s award-winning author of ‘Fifteen Days’…
MARCH 22/11: FREE THINKING FILM SOCIETY & INTERNATIONAL FREE PRESS SOCIETY BRING CALEDONIA TO OTTAWA!
July 12, 2009 – THE END OF THE BEGINNING! After 4 arrests during a 31 month campaign the Canadian flag is legal once again in Caledonia:
Through the artist’s eyes: Caledonia’s victims, villains & voices of reason
Presentation to 2010 ‘New Directions in Aboriginal Policy’ forum, Mount Royal University, Calgary, AB
- 1 Trump supporter vs. 400 feminists at Women’s (anti-Trump) March, London, Ontario
- Letter to MPs & CBC Ombudsman re hateful, racist, anti-white video by CBC ‘Comedy’
- Trump refugees causing problems at Canadian border
- ‘RAPE MELANIA’ sign – Close your eyes and imagine…
- A Canadian Perspective on President Elect Trump and ‘THE LIARS FORMERLY KNOWN AS JOURNALISTS’
- Save the planet…from climate clowns!
- Dr. Don Easterbrook to Washington Climate Change committee: the testimony every legislator needs to hear before voting on climate issues
- McHales do it again: Haldimand Council votes to dismantle Caledonia blockade
- If Michael Moore Had a Good Twin: A Review of Gary McHale’s Victory In The No-Go Zone
- Freedom Press Canada to release VICTORY IN THE NO-GO ZONE by Gary McHale
- Gary McHale & CANACE shut down Enbridge pipeline occupation w/one letter to Hamilton Police
- “One of most disliked men in Canada” to receive Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal for Caledonia leadership…congrats to Gary McHale!
- Merlyn Kinrade passes — Caledonia, Six Nations, Canada & Israel lose a patriot and friend
- Israel loses a daughter and defender – Rose Lax of Hamilton’s Never Again Group
- Mark Vandermaas interviewed by CBC re Tom Keefer march in Caledonia
- Freedom Party of Ontario bestows ‘Free Speech Award’ on Mary Lou Ambrogio; praises Caledonia activists
- Dear Caledonia residents – about Tom Keefer & tomorrow’s takeover of Caledonia’s streets by Marxists, radical unionists, anarchists, terror group sympathizers and anti-Israel groups
- Vandermaas email to OPP officer re April 21 DCE rally before two ‘breach of peace’ arrests
- Mark Vandermaas honoured as part of Zachor Coalition at National Holocaust ceremony, Ottawa
- SUN TV: ‘The Caledonia Crusader’ talks about racist Supreme Court decision; then heads to Israel Consulate to stand with Jewish Defence League
Readers Comment"You are all to be commended for doing so much, for so many with so little support. Your effort alone makes me want to weep for those who cannot appreciate the enormity of what has so far transpired."
Cited by Ryerson Review of Journalism
Quoted in Ipperwash Inquiry expose
Disrobing the Aboriginal Industry
"And Mark and Gary, thank you for making us feel like we are not alone in this and that there are other Canadians who care." Elaine, Caledonia resident
"Mark, I just want to say thanks again for your diligence and your help with our struggle here in Caledonia. Thanks also to Gary, without his web site no one would know the lengths the government and the OPP will go to appease terrorists. I don't know how much more the residents who live along the occupied zone can take. I know for myself, I feel lost with nowhere to turn, with little to no help. I do however, thank God for you and Gary. Keep up the good work." Caledonia resident
"Dear Mark: this is my first visit to your site and I absolutely love it. I’m from Caledonia and have been fighting the two tiered justice system since day one. Thank you so much for following Gary McHale’s involvement and coming to Caledonia." Beth
"There are many injustices going on in Canada at the moment, especially in First Nation Territory. They could sure use a man of your passion to give them a hand! Sincerely, Rob"
"From the bottom of my heart, I thank you and Gary and all those who are willing to put your lives on hold to fight for freedom, democracy, law and order. They are definitely worth fighting for. If only I was 20 years younger. God Bless you all !" Cora
"I have to commend you on your writing, very direct, effective and from the heart." David Hartless
"Thanks Mark, and also to you Gary. You guys rock, to stand up for us when no one else will is just great. I can’t even stand up for myself for fear of retaliation against my family." 'BeothucVSA'
"Mark, I would just like to say that I was more than proud to stand in Caledonia on Jan 20th with men like yourself, Gary, Chris and Merlin." Larry Dicy
"We need all the help we can get and owe so much to 'outsiders.' Keep up the good work." Margaret
"I personally appreciate the concern and support of Gary and yourself." Donna Reid
"I enjoy reading posts from a true journalist especially one who holds the truth above all other objectives." Jim Anderson
"Again, thank you Mark for a great job at keeping the focus on the issue at hand that is Two Tier Justice and Equality issues." Lisa Parent
"Good stuff Mark...truth is the greatest weapon against corruption and the wider the truth is sewn the less the grip of the corruptors." WL Mackenzie Redux
"That was so nice of you to make that phone call to Jack on our behalf. Your article on Jack was very touching. [enter 'Let's remember Jack tomorrow' in search box above]Thank you for standing up along with Gary and fighting this issue for Canada and Jack too. It is one big can of worms." Mary, Kelowna, BC
- "Congratulations and many thanks to you tireless freedom fighters in CANACE. What a Canada Day present this was. I nominate you all, particularly Judge Marshall, for an Order of Canada award. Many people talk about rights, freedom, and equity under law, but few focus their actions on delivering it. You guys are the genuine article. Thank you again." Caledonia resident
Category Archives: Native Racism
- VoiceofCanada, Feb 28/12: Dear Ontario PC Party: blood from future victims on YOUR hands, not ours
- Dunnville Chronicle, Feb 27/12: McHale invites Hudak to rally in March
- Country Radio 107.3, Feb 22/12: McHale invites Hudak to Caledonia (note: the story incorrectly states that the DCE occupation site ‘was given’ by the Ont. govt. in exchange for ending the occupation. This is not correct. Other property was given to end the roadblock of the main road through Caledonia, but the DCE is provincially owned land that it allows to be used by those who terrorized Caledonia. More info about the vexatious nature of the land claims made by occupation radicals and how the courts have ruled against them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcCZshMikDY; speaker’s notes: PDF, 36p, incl. citations)
Feb. 22, 2012 [PDF]
Caledonia 8 invite PC leader Tim Hudak to march in Caledonia against racism
The Caledonia 8 – which includes members of CANACE, the Caledonia Victims Project and courageous residents of Haldimand County – call upon PC leader Tim Hudak to help them take a stand against institutionalized racism in Ontario and, in particular, against the McGuinty government’s racist policies that have victimized so many in Haldimand County.
The Caledonia 8 are extending an official invitation to PC leader Tim Hudak to march side-by-side with them in Caledonia during the month of March on a date of his choosing.
The principles of Rule of Law and equality under the law are fundamental principles of grassroots conservative people. As such the issues surrounding Caledonia must be key to the Conservative party’s efforts to rid Ontario of McGuinty’s racial policing policies.
Jerry Agar, CFRB/SUN TV: ‘Caledonia is a festering boil of racist policy’ that discriminates against Whites, Blacks, Jews etc.
“Caledonia is a festering boil of racist policy…and the buck stops on McGuinty’s desk. […] OPP officers are tasked with carrying out a racist policy and there’s a time at which an officer has to say following orders is not good enough.”
- Jerry Agar, CFRB Newstalk Radio 1010, Feb 21/12: Gary McHale & Christie Blatchford re Caledonia racism (entire show) [Caledonia segment only AUDIO, 30mins ]
- Also: Jerry Agar, SUN News TV, Ezra Levant show, Feb 17/12: Courageous Caledonia 8
Those of us who have worked to preserve the rule of law, and educate the public about the legalized myths underlying the racial policing seen in Caledonia, are pleased to see the growing media interest in the recent arrests of the Caledonia 8 and our success in finally breaching the segregated Douglas Creek Estates for the first time on Feb 18/12.
In the eyes of talk show host Jerry Agar, who hosts on both SUN News TV and CFRB Newstalk 1010 in Toronto, innocent people with white pigment in their skin are not expendable in Caledonia, any more than any other race or culture is expendable, and the police need to stop obeying illegal orders, and honour their oaths of office to uphold the law according to the Ontario Police Services Act — even if it means telling their bosses and political masters to go to hell.
Agar went even further by effusively praising the Caledonia 8 ‘anglo white guys’ (one of our number is a very proud and strong woman named Bonnie Stephens, but I’m not complaining, just being factual) and our ‘NO JEWS ALLOWED BY ORDER OF MCGUINTY’ signs (for which Gary McHale was arrested), and called for Jewish organizations and others to get involved in helping us end the racist policies that keep Jews out of the Douglas Creek Estates occupation site, just as it keeps Blacks, Whites and other races out.
CFRB Newstalk Radio 1010, Jerry Agar, Feb 21/12: Gary McHale & Christie Blatchford re Caledonia racism (entire show) [Caledonia segment only AUDIO, 30mins ]
see also: SUN News TV, Ezra Levant show, hosted by Jerry Agar, Feb 17/12: Courageous Caledonia 8
A very big worm is turning in our country: it has now become ‘officially safe’ for the media and citizens to openly talk about institutionalized racism against people with white skin.
UPDATED Dec 09/11 — CANACE’s Director of Multimedia Production Jeff Parkinson has released a short movie that tells the story of the arrests of the Caledonia 8 on the Douglas Creek Estates on Dec 03/11.
- CANACEHD channel: The Caledonia Eight Arrested [VIDEO, 9:54]
- JeffParkinson.ca, Dec 06/11: New Video – The Caledonia Eight Arrested
- Also: VoiceofCanada, Dec 04/11: CAUGHT ON TAPE: Native occupier threatens non-native woman in Caledonia’s ‘no-go zone’
- Also: VoiceofCanada, Dec 04/11: The Caledonia 8 – arrested in non-native ‘no-go zone’ occupation site (photos, story)
Jeff himself was arrested, but handed the camera over to Christine McHale when it was his turn line to wear handcuffs so she could continue documenting the scene. Jeff is shown kneeling in the photo below.
The Caledonia Eight (L-R): Randy Fleming, Doug Fleming, Mark Vandermaas, Gary McHale, Jeff Parkinson (kneeling), Jack Van Halteren (w/hat), Merlyn Kinrade, Bonnie Stephens. PHOTO by Stuart Laughton, taken at OPP Caledonia sub-station after arrests.
TRIVIA: You’ll see a rather humorous scene where I’m bent over trying to get into the paddy wagon but the door is too small for my shoulders and it was almost impossible to twist sideways with my hands cuffed. As you watch me try to get through the door you’ll hear me say, “If the van doesn’t fit you must acquit” (with apologies to Johnny Cochran).
MORE TRIVIA: While we were inside the van Jeff asked if anyone knew any civil rights songs so I led the seven of us (Gary McHale was taken by other means of transport) in ‘We Shall Overcome,’ so that’s my voice you first hear singing from inside the van. I didn’t see Bonnie so I assumed she had been taken away with Gary, but she was, in fact, with us in another part of the paddywagon:
“There was a separate, small cell built into the van directly behind the front passenger side seat. I was sitting in there, but I could see out because there were rows of small holes in the side, sliding door that closed off the approximately 4′ x 4′ “cell” where I was. I could hear you guys behind me in the back. I heard you talking to each other, but I couldn’t make out all the words. I heard you singing and I joined in, and I heard Randy Fleming most clearly, so that might help you figure out where I was in relation to yourself. I think that you were on the driver side, so I was across from you. I might add that I was quite proud of my calmness because I am very claustrophobic.”
Some native militants have claimed the Mohawk Warrior flag is merely a benign ‘Unity Flag’ of peace with no sinister intent or symbolism despite its long and highly visible association with extreme violence, intimidation and criminal activity in places like Oka, Akwasasne and Caledonia.
- VoiceofCanada feature: Caledonia Players – The Mohawk Warriors
Not only is this claim highly dubious on its face, the birth of the Mohawk Warrior flag flag in violence and criminality has been well documented in a Masters thesis by a Concordia University student named Kahente Horn-Miller who “…is Bear Clan Kanienkehaka and lives near Montreal Canada on the Kahnawake Mohawk Territory…”