Fighting for justice in the Caledonia no-go zone: Our story in our words
Christie Blatchford: Caledonia law = Deep South law
“…the law in Haldimand County operates as the law in America’s Deep South once worked, where there was one law for the white man, who could break it with impunity, and another for the black man. In Haldimand County, since the occupation began, there has been one law for natives and another for non-natives.“
I believe in CANACE principles respecting the rule of law and protection of human rights.
IN BOOKSTORES NOW: Caledonia’s story and ours, as told by Canada’s award-winning author of ‘Fifteen Days’…
MARCH 22/11: FREE THINKING FILM SOCIETY & INTERNATIONAL FREE PRESS SOCIETY BRING CALEDONIA TO OTTAWA!
July 12, 2009 – THE END OF THE BEGINNING! After 4 arrests during a 31 month campaign the Canadian flag is legal once again in Caledonia:
Through the artist’s eyes: Caledonia’s victims, villains & voices of reason
Presentation to 2010 ‘New Directions in Aboriginal Policy’ forum, Mount Royal University, Calgary, AB
- 1 Trump supporter vs. 400 feminists at Women’s (anti-Trump) March, London, Ontario
- Letter to MPs & CBC Ombudsman re hateful, racist, anti-white video by CBC ‘Comedy’
- Trump refugees causing problems at Canadian border
- ‘RAPE MELANIA’ sign – Close your eyes and imagine…
- A Canadian Perspective on President Elect Trump and ‘THE LIARS FORMERLY KNOWN AS JOURNALISTS’
- Save the planet…from climate clowns!
- Dr. Don Easterbrook to Washington Climate Change committee: the testimony every legislator needs to hear before voting on climate issues
- McHales do it again: Haldimand Council votes to dismantle Caledonia blockade
- If Michael Moore Had a Good Twin: A Review of Gary McHale’s Victory In The No-Go Zone
- Freedom Press Canada to release VICTORY IN THE NO-GO ZONE by Gary McHale
- Gary McHale & CANACE shut down Enbridge pipeline occupation w/one letter to Hamilton Police
- “One of most disliked men in Canada” to receive Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal for Caledonia leadership…congrats to Gary McHale!
- Merlyn Kinrade passes — Caledonia, Six Nations, Canada & Israel lose a patriot and friend
- Israel loses a daughter and defender – Rose Lax of Hamilton’s Never Again Group
- Mark Vandermaas interviewed by CBC re Tom Keefer march in Caledonia
- Freedom Party of Ontario bestows ‘Free Speech Award’ on Mary Lou Ambrogio; praises Caledonia activists
- Dear Caledonia residents – about Tom Keefer & tomorrow’s takeover of Caledonia’s streets by Marxists, radical unionists, anarchists, terror group sympathizers and anti-Israel groups
- Vandermaas email to OPP officer re April 21 DCE rally before two ‘breach of peace’ arrests
- Mark Vandermaas honoured as part of Zachor Coalition at National Holocaust ceremony, Ottawa
- SUN TV: ‘The Caledonia Crusader’ talks about racist Supreme Court decision; then heads to Israel Consulate to stand with Jewish Defence League
Readers Comment"You are all to be commended for doing so much, for so many with so little support. Your effort alone makes me want to weep for those who cannot appreciate the enormity of what has so far transpired."
Cited by Ryerson Review of Journalism
Quoted in Ipperwash Inquiry expose
Disrobing the Aboriginal Industry
"And Mark and Gary, thank you for making us feel like we are not alone in this and that there are other Canadians who care." Elaine, Caledonia resident
"Mark, I just want to say thanks again for your diligence and your help with our struggle here in Caledonia. Thanks also to Gary, without his web site no one would know the lengths the government and the OPP will go to appease terrorists. I don't know how much more the residents who live along the occupied zone can take. I know for myself, I feel lost with nowhere to turn, with little to no help. I do however, thank God for you and Gary. Keep up the good work." Caledonia resident
"Dear Mark: this is my first visit to your site and I absolutely love it. I’m from Caledonia and have been fighting the two tiered justice system since day one. Thank you so much for following Gary McHale’s involvement and coming to Caledonia." Beth
"There are many injustices going on in Canada at the moment, especially in First Nation Territory. They could sure use a man of your passion to give them a hand! Sincerely, Rob"
"From the bottom of my heart, I thank you and Gary and all those who are willing to put your lives on hold to fight for freedom, democracy, law and order. They are definitely worth fighting for. If only I was 20 years younger. God Bless you all !" Cora
"I have to commend you on your writing, very direct, effective and from the heart." David Hartless
"Thanks Mark, and also to you Gary. You guys rock, to stand up for us when no one else will is just great. I can’t even stand up for myself for fear of retaliation against my family." 'BeothucVSA'
"Mark, I would just like to say that I was more than proud to stand in Caledonia on Jan 20th with men like yourself, Gary, Chris and Merlin." Larry Dicy
"We need all the help we can get and owe so much to 'outsiders.' Keep up the good work." Margaret
"I personally appreciate the concern and support of Gary and yourself." Donna Reid
"I enjoy reading posts from a true journalist especially one who holds the truth above all other objectives." Jim Anderson
"Again, thank you Mark for a great job at keeping the focus on the issue at hand that is Two Tier Justice and Equality issues." Lisa Parent
"Good stuff Mark...truth is the greatest weapon against corruption and the wider the truth is sewn the less the grip of the corruptors." WL Mackenzie Redux
"That was so nice of you to make that phone call to Jack on our behalf. Your article on Jack was very touching. [enter 'Let's remember Jack tomorrow' in search box above]Thank you for standing up along with Gary and fighting this issue for Canada and Jack too. It is one big can of worms." Mary, Kelowna, BC
- "Congratulations and many thanks to you tireless freedom fighters in CANACE. What a Canada Day present this was. I nominate you all, particularly Judge Marshall, for an Order of Canada award. Many people talk about rights, freedom, and equity under law, but few focus their actions on delivering it. You guys are the genuine article. Thank you again." Caledonia resident
Category Archives: Native Racism
- VoiceofCanada, Feb 28/12: Dear Ontario PC Party: blood from future victims on YOUR hands, not ours
- Dunnville Chronicle, Feb 27/12: McHale invites Hudak to rally in March
- Country Radio 107.3, Feb 22/12: McHale invites Hudak to Caledonia (note: the story incorrectly states that the DCE occupation site ‘was given’ by the Ont. govt. in exchange for ending the occupation. This is not correct. Other property was given to end the roadblock of the main road through Caledonia, but the DCE is provincially owned land that it allows to be used by those who terrorized Caledonia. More info about the vexatious nature of the land claims made by occupation radicals and how the courts have ruled against them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcCZshMikDY; speaker’s notes: PDF, 36p, incl. citations)
Feb. 22, 2012 [PDF]
Caledonia 8 invite PC leader Tim Hudak to march in Caledonia against racism
The Caledonia 8 – which includes members of CANACE, the Caledonia Victims Project and courageous residents of Haldimand County – call upon PC leader Tim Hudak to help them take a stand against institutionalized racism in Ontario and, in particular, against the McGuinty government’s racist policies that have victimized so many in Haldimand County.
The Caledonia 8 are extending an official invitation to PC leader Tim Hudak to march side-by-side with them in Caledonia during the month of March on a date of his choosing.
The principles of Rule of Law and equality under the law are fundamental principles of grassroots conservative people. As such the issues surrounding Caledonia must be key to the Conservative party’s efforts to rid Ontario of McGuinty’s racial policing policies.
Jerry Agar, CFRB/SUN TV: ‘Caledonia is a festering boil of racist policy’ that discriminates against Whites, Blacks, Jews etc.
“Caledonia is a festering boil of racist policy…and the buck stops on McGuinty’s desk. […] OPP officers are tasked with carrying out a racist policy and there’s a time at which an officer has to say following orders is not good enough.”
- Jerry Agar, CFRB Newstalk Radio 1010, Feb 21/12: Gary McHale & Christie Blatchford re Caledonia racism (entire show) [Caledonia segment only AUDIO, 30mins ]
- Also: Jerry Agar, SUN News TV, Ezra Levant show, Feb 17/12: Courageous Caledonia 8
Those of us who have worked to preserve the rule of law, and educate the public about the legalized myths underlying the racial policing seen in Caledonia, are pleased to see the growing media interest in the recent arrests of the Caledonia 8 and our success in finally breaching the segregated Douglas Creek Estates for the first time on Feb 18/12.
In the eyes of talk show host Jerry Agar, who hosts on both SUN News TV and CFRB Newstalk 1010 in Toronto, innocent people with white pigment in their skin are not expendable in Caledonia, any more than any other race or culture is expendable, and the police need to stop obeying illegal orders, and honour their oaths of office to uphold the law according to the Ontario Police Services Act — even if it means telling their bosses and political masters to go to hell.
Agar went even further by effusively praising the Caledonia 8 ‘anglo white guys’ (one of our number is a very proud and strong woman named Bonnie Stephens, but I’m not complaining, just being factual) and our ‘NO JEWS ALLOWED BY ORDER OF MCGUINTY’ signs (for which Gary McHale was arrested), and called for Jewish organizations and others to get involved in helping us end the racist policies that keep Jews out of the Douglas Creek Estates occupation site, just as it keeps Blacks, Whites and other races out.
CFRB Newstalk Radio 1010, Jerry Agar, Feb 21/12: Gary McHale & Christie Blatchford re Caledonia racism (entire show) [Caledonia segment only AUDIO, 30mins ]
see also: SUN News TV, Ezra Levant show, hosted by Jerry Agar, Feb 17/12: Courageous Caledonia 8
A very big worm is turning in our country: it has now become ‘officially safe’ for the media and citizens to openly talk about institutionalized racism against people with white skin.
UPDATED Dec 09/11 — CANACE’s Director of Multimedia Production Jeff Parkinson has released a short movie that tells the story of the arrests of the Caledonia 8 on the Douglas Creek Estates on Dec 03/11.
- CANACEHD channel: The Caledonia Eight Arrested [VIDEO, 9:54]
- JeffParkinson.ca, Dec 06/11: New Video – The Caledonia Eight Arrested
- Also: VoiceofCanada, Dec 04/11: CAUGHT ON TAPE: Native occupier threatens non-native woman in Caledonia’s ‘no-go zone’
- Also: VoiceofCanada, Dec 04/11: The Caledonia 8 – arrested in non-native ‘no-go zone’ occupation site (photos, story)
Jeff himself was arrested, but handed the camera over to Christine McHale when it was his turn line to wear handcuffs so she could continue documenting the scene. Jeff is shown kneeling in the photo below.
The Caledonia Eight (L-R): Randy Fleming, Doug Fleming, Mark Vandermaas, Gary McHale, Jeff Parkinson (kneeling), Jack Van Halteren (w/hat), Merlyn Kinrade, Bonnie Stephens. PHOTO by Stuart Laughton, taken at OPP Caledonia sub-station after arrests.
TRIVIA: You’ll see a rather humorous scene where I’m bent over trying to get into the paddy wagon but the door is too small for my shoulders and it was almost impossible to twist sideways with my hands cuffed. As you watch me try to get through the door you’ll hear me say, “If the van doesn’t fit you must acquit” (with apologies to Johnny Cochran).
MORE TRIVIA: While we were inside the van Jeff asked if anyone knew any civil rights songs so I led the seven of us (Gary McHale was taken by other means of transport) in ‘We Shall Overcome,’ so that’s my voice you first hear singing from inside the van. I didn’t see Bonnie so I assumed she had been taken away with Gary, but she was, in fact, with us in another part of the paddywagon:
“There was a separate, small cell built into the van directly behind the front passenger side seat. I was sitting in there, but I could see out because there were rows of small holes in the side, sliding door that closed off the approximately 4′ x 4′ “cell” where I was. I could hear you guys behind me in the back. I heard you talking to each other, but I couldn’t make out all the words. I heard you singing and I joined in, and I heard Randy Fleming most clearly, so that might help you figure out where I was in relation to yourself. I think that you were on the driver side, so I was across from you. I might add that I was quite proud of my calmness because I am very claustrophobic.”
Some native militants have claimed the Mohawk Warrior flag is merely a benign ‘Unity Flag’ of peace with no sinister intent or symbolism despite its long and highly visible association with extreme violence, intimidation and criminal activity in places like Oka, Akwasasne and Caledonia.
- VoiceofCanada feature: Caledonia Players – The Mohawk Warriors
Not only is this claim highly dubious on its face, the birth of the Mohawk Warrior flag flag in violence and criminality has been well documented in a Masters thesis by a Concordia University student named Kahente Horn-Miller who “…is Bear Clan Kanienkehaka and lives near Montreal Canada on the Kahnawake Mohawk Territory…”
– Joint News Release by CANACE and the Caledonia Victims Project –
City of Toronto approves racially segregated park land
CANACE, founded by Gary McHale, and the Caledonia Victims Project, founded by Mark Vandermaas, are holding an Information Rally in High Park in Toronto on May 28, 2011 in order to inform the public about the dangers to public safety regarding the ongoing illegal occupation of High Park by Native protesters. The illegal occupation in High Park is being conducted under the banner of Six Nations and Mohawk warriors.
The City of Toronto has already decided to fence off the park land where Native protesters have stated they will continue to use the land at will. There is little doubt non-Natives will be banned from the area in order to appease the protesters.
Judge orders end to Brantford lawlessness and illegal fees by native protesters and Haudenosaunee Development Institute (HDI)
“On the evidence before me I find as a fact that a number of these protests have led to violence, threats and intimidation against workers, protestors wearing masks, barricades being built by the respondents at a work site. […]
“I find as a fact, on the evidence before me, that the economy of this small city is at risk.”
- Superior Court Justice Harrison Arrell, Nov 18/10
Despite the shameful assault on freedom of speech and academic freedom represented by the character assassination, and intimidation that resulted in the cancellation of Christie Blatchford’s speech at the the University of Waterloo on Nov 12/10, the controversy has achieved several positive results.
Not only has it generated a storm of counter-criticism in mainstream media and blogs highlighting universities as being the front line in the battle to preserve free speech, it has – happily – dramatically boosted sales of Blatchford’s book.
Our friends at Doubleday Canada say that thanks to the Waterloo protest and the publicity it has generated they’ve had another surge of demand for the book which made it necessary to order a reprint of Helpless.
Comment by Mark Vandermaas
All who have supported our four-year long quest to expose and oppose racial policing in Caledonia owe an ironic, yet distasteful, debt of gratitude to the radicals and anarchists who have now helped to ensure that even more people will read Helpless and understand the despicable conduct of those whose lawlessness they supported, and the dangers these self-appointed censors pose to the Charter of Rights.
It should be no surprise that those who support and/or actively worked to enable the native extremists who terrorized Caledonia do not want the victims they helped create to have a voice, and then vilify those of us who have been willing to speak for them. As I noted in my presentation at the 2010 New Directions in Aboriginal Policy forum:
The words ‘heartless’ and ‘cruel’ seem inadequate to describe the irony of a situation wherein an organized group from one race of people terrorized others with racial slurs, fire, violence, vandalism, and property seizures and then tormented their victims with false accusations of being white supremacists.
As the son of parents who lived in Nazi-occupied Holland I am offended to the very core of my being by the blaming of innocent victims for racially-motivated crimes committed against them.
- Mark Vandermaas presentation to 2010 New Directions in Aboriginal Policy forum, May 05/10: Listening to Victims: A Fresh Approach to Healing and Reconciliation [PDF, 21p, 8.5MB]
The Caledonia Victims Project and VoiceofCanada have received confirmation from the federal Department of Canadian Heritage that it provided a total of $1,052,653 in funding to RedWire Magazine, and continues to fund it despite knowing that its October 2007 Defending the Land edition contained a ‘how-to’ guide entitled ‘War Against the Machines’ to instruct would-be terrorists on how to block roads, attack snowmobilers, cause floods, use Molotov cocktails and destroy bridges, machinery and hydro lines.
RedWire Magazine’s blueprint for terror & sabotage by native ‘revolutionaries’ paid for by federal funds?
UPDATE – July 10/13: Ezra Levant/SUN News: Government-sponsored eco-terror [VIDEO, 13:19] (based on evidence supplied by Gary & Christine McHale, including this story and the follow-up.)
UPDATE – July 03/10: Gary McHale sent CSIS an email w/links to this story and the follow-up story confirming that federal funds were given to RedWire: Feds gave native supremacist magazine $1.2M
(UPDATED July 06/10) Red Power United, the group that has openly announced plans to shut down Highway 403 on June 24/10 lists on its website — among its many radical ‘activist’ associates — an organization called Redwire Media which is also supporting a “call from Defenders of the Land for a day of action on Indigenous rights” on the 24th which includes Toronto.
- Red Power United (Ontario): National Day of Action – Native Rights Protest [PDF]
- RedWire Media, June 21/10: Defenders of the Land call for day of action on June 24/10 [PDF]
- Red Power United, June 21/10: Activist Websites Links (to RedWire) [PDF]
- JeffParkinson.ca, June 18/10: Natives to blockade 403 or 400 during new “day of action”
- CTV News/Canadian Press, June 17/10: First Nations group still plans blockades before G20 [REPRINT]
- VoiceofCanada, June 17/10: The Harper-McGuinty ‘No-Money-Back HST Guarantee’: more native lawlessness coming to a town near you
Redwire Magazine – providing instructions for terror and sabotage
Redwire Media publishes Redwire Magazine. The October 2007 ‘Defending The Land’ edition contains an article – War Against the Machines – with specific instructions on how to commit acts of terror and sabotage against non-natives. The magazine claims to have been federally funded.
The Harper-McGuinty ‘No-Money-Back HST Guarantee’: more native lawlessness coming to a town near you
UPDATED June 24/10 1342 — You can’t blame native goons for thinking they could intimidate the feds and Ontario into exempting them from the HST.
They got away with killing a Quebec police officer in Oka – among many other crimes.
- Journal of Military & Strategic Studies, Dr. Whitney Lackenbauer, 2008: Carrying the Burden of Peace: The Mohawks, the Canadian Forces and the Oka Crisis (carefully researched, politically-incorrect account of Oka by U of Waterloo professor) [PDF, 71p; VoC download PDF]
- Wikipedia.org: Oka Crisis
They were rewarded with a provincial park they had no claim against for terrorizing residents and taking over a Canadian military base in Ipperwash with the help of children.
- CANACE report/series, Feb 18-25/09: McGuinty’s Ipperwash Cover-up: the Caledonia Legacy [PDF, 10p]
We know that they’re going to be rewarded – sooner or later – for terrorizing the people of Caledonia when Ontario meekly hands over the Douglas Creek Estates which, not only do they not own but, according to the courts, the recognized representatives of Six Nations haven’t even made a claim for possession of it in the courts and, even if they did, it wouldn’t succeed.
- Haldimand Mayor letter to Minister of Aboriginal Affairs Brian Duguid, Jan 27/10*: Questions re handover of DCE to Six Nations & Samsung deal (*the date shown on this letter is Jan 12, but the properties of the file show it as being created Jan 27, following the Jan 21 conversation referenced in para 1)
- VoiceofCanada, March 19/10: Some “historical context” about imaginary Caledonia land claims and treaty rights
- Caledonia Victims Project: 1536412 Ontario Ltd. v. HCCC, HDI, Ruby & Floyd Montour, Hazel Hill (Cayuga occupation, May-June 2008) [LINK]
- Caledonia Victims Project: John Voortman & Associates v. HMF (Hagersville occupation, April 2009) [LINK]
- CANACE report, Dec 2007: The Human Costs of Illegal Occupations [PDF, 101p]CANACE report, May 2008: Legalized MYTHS of Illegal Occupations [PDF, 56p]
- CANACE reference: Race-Based Policing
Six Nations militants and their CUPE-organized supporters have begun yet another smear campaign against Gary McHale and Mark Vandermaas – this time via an online petition directed at intimidating Mount Royal University into not allowing the voices of Caledonia victims to be heard at the upcoming ‘New Directions in Aboriginal Policy’ forum organized by Dr. Frances Widdowson on May 05/10 in Calgary.
- Caledonia Victims Project, April 08/10: Caledonia activists to address ‘New Directions in Aboriginal Policy’ forum
- Dr. Frances Widdowson: New Directions in Aboriginal Policy Forums
RELATED: June 05/10: ‘CUPE extremists supporting Muslim extremists supporting Native extremists.’
UPDATED July 27/10 — Links to key references can be found at the bottom. More source docs will be uploaded as time allows. In the meantime, bonafide journalists can contact Mark Vandermaas for supporting docs: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CUPE 3903 leader Tom Keefer first became known to CANACE due to his June 23/09 attempt to orchestrate a vicious smear campaign, with help from numerous other groups, to falsely link CANACE founders and Doug Fleming to neo-nazis and white supremacists. We subsequently learned, from his own words videotaped at a Cayuga protest, that he and CUPE and 0ther groups have been supporting the DCE occupation ever since the April 20/06 failed OPP raid.
Tom Keefer in Caledonia , Brantford and Concordia University
These are the key facts which have been verified thus far. Information came from Keefer’s own oral and written statements (including a key Nov 15/09 report he wrote for CUPE 3903), media reports of OPP testimony at the Brown-Chatwell trial, internet pages, court documents and newsletters published by Concordia University, and extensive email interaction with Mr. Keefer himself:
Tom Keefer & CUPE in Caledonia
1. SUPPORTING ORGANIZED CRIME – Mohawk Warriors: Keefer and his associates have been supporting native militants in Caledonia ever since shortly after the failed OPP raid of April 20/06 on the occupied Douglas Creek Estates – when police were attacked with weapons that included axes, clubs, socks filled with rocks and a chainsaw when they tried to enforce a court order to remove the occupiers.