CO2 makes up only .036% of the atmosphere. As Dr. Easterbrook points out, an 8/1000th of 1% increase in CO2 is next to nothing and, in addition to other reasons, cannot be responsible for global warming or climate changes. Created by David Strutt, DStruttPhotography.com. CLICK TO ENLARGE IN NEW WINDOW.
(UPDATED Aug 19/15) I’ve never written about the climate change debate because I never knew quite what to believe, although I did have my doubts about the hysterical man-made climate doomsday scenarios that are getting more strident by the day.
Enter my good friend David Strutt who recently started a campaign to convince Ontario Liberal MPPs that a carbon tax was a very bad idea. He cc’d his friends when sending the politicians the seminal video below of geologist/climate expert Dr. Don Easterbrook testifying March 26/13 at a ‘Climate Change’ session held by the Washington State Senate Energy, Environment & Telecommunications Committee.
This is testimony that every legislator in the world needs to see before voting on climate issues. It is 90 minutes of pure revelation and nuanced discourse by a calm, rational scientist with 50 years of experience, logic and facts on his side.
One of the shocking truths Dr. Easterbrook points out is that there is indeed a scientific consensus about man-made global warming, but not the one you hear about in the media and from climate extremists…far from it: in fact, over 31,000 American scientists have signed a petition declaring their opposition to the hypothesis of man-made global warming.
Watch the videos of Dr. Easterbrook and 4 other doctoral-level climate experts (including a co-founder of Greenpeace, and a NASA scientist), then judge for yourself.
- DR. DON EASTERBROOK (Professor Emeritus of Geology) testimony at ‘Climate Change’ session, Washington Senate Energy, Environment & Telecommunications Committee, March 26/13 [VIDEO, 1:29:33]
- Supporting Documents from Dr. Easterbrook’s testimony [LINK]: a) Document: Summary of Flaws in Senate Bill 5802 [PDF, 2p] b) PowerPoint slides: What you need to know about global warming… [PDF, 16MB]
- Global Warming Petition Project (PetitionProject.org): Petition mentioned by Dr. Easterbrook during his testimony–signed by 31,487 American scientists, including 9,029 w/PhDs, debunking the myth that there is a consensus among scientists about catastrophic human-caused global warming. Dr. Art Robinson explains why he started the project [VIDEO, 16:06].
- DR. ROY SPENCER (Ph.D. in Meteorology; frmr senior climate scientist at NASA), 9th International Conference on Climate Change, July 7-9/14: What Do We Really Know About Global Warming? [VIDEO, 24:04] (excellent presentation with very illustrative, well explained graphs). Also, see Dr. Spencer’s testimony before the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works, including the answers to questions posed by senators. [VIDEO]
- DR. PATRICK MOORE (former Greenpeace founder), 9th International Conference on Climate Change, July 7-9/14: Confessions of a Greenpeace Drop Out. [VIDEO, 29:52]
- DR. ART ROBINSON (Chemist, co-founder of Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine), 9th International Conference on Climate Change, July 7-9/14: Global Warming: 31,487 Scientists say NO to Alarm. Dr. Robinson explains why he started the Global Warming Petition Project that has been signed by igned by 31,487 American scientists, including 9,029 w/PhDs who reject the myths about catastrophic human-caused global warming. [VIDEO, 16:06].
- DR. DAVID M.W. EVANS (consulted full time for the Australian Greenhouse Office 1999 to 2005), Feb 20/13: Climate Change in 12 Minutes – The Skeptic’s Case [VIDEO, 12:52]
- Climate Change 101 (Canadian) [LINK] (A great starting point for people new to the issue who are trying to separate truth from fiction)
A good question…
Another friend who ran as a candidate during the last provincial election was invited to speak to students where he was asked what he thought about global warming. Rather than get into a complicated debate on the facts and figures, he appealed to their own sense of logic with a thought-provoking and revealing question:
10,000 years ago our area (south-western Ontario) was covered by a glacier. Given that there were no man-made sources of CO2 at the time, what made it melt?
You won’t hear these slogan-soundbites in the video below because SUN TV host Michael Coren was using them as audience teasers during segment breaks on tonight’s show:
“Israel Apartheid Week?
The resistance has begun!”
“Israel Apartheid Week:
Some normal people are saying NO.”
(About Vandermaas & Laughton):
“They’re not Jewish. Just fair.”
“In response to ‘Israeli Apartheid Week’, Mark Vandermaas
and Stuart Laughton have responded by promoting ‘Israel Truth Week’.”
SUN News TV, ‘The Arena’ w/Michael Coren, March 07/12:
‘Israel Truth Week’ [VIDEO, 9:33]
HAMILTON ANTI-IAW RESISTANCE BEGINS MARCH 20TH! The Never Again Group is hosting its own anti-IAW resistance event on March 20/12 at McMaster University in Hamilton, the day before the Israel Truth Week Conference in London. Details on both events here.
Many thanks to Stuart Laughton and the Never Again Group. Stuart was also one of the speakers at our ‘Caledonia Act’ news conference in the Ontario Queen’s Park Legislature Media Studio:
A SUN hat-trick!
While Stuart and I were waiting in makeup to be taken into the studio we were thrilled when Ezra Levant stopped by for a few minutes to chat and thank us for coming. But, the SUN hat-trick was complete when I ran into the legendary Toronto SUN founder Peter Worthington quite by happenstance when I got lost looking for the washroom, and finally got the chance to introduce myself to one of my heroes.
Hamilton Spectator, Feb 23/12: Gary McHale pulling a scab off a wound
This well-known Caledonia agitator’s antics have escalated with this most recent stunt on the weekend. […] Anyone with common sense knows no good can come of pulling these types of stunts repeatedly without there being consequences. Gary McHale must quit pulling the scab off this festering wound, and shame on Barrett for backing this type of reckless behaviour. They are bringing nothing but negative attention to the town of Caledonia and trivializing Six Nations land grievances. These antics serve no purpose other than to inflame a situation that has been on simmer for the past six years. Feb. 28 will be the sixth anniversary of this land dispute in Caledonia. And sadly nothing has changed.
Tracy Bomberry, Six Nations of the Grand River
- CANACEhd, Feb 18/12: CANACE attacked on DCE Feb 18 2012 [VIDEO, 28:43] ***NEW FOOTAGE***
- CANACEhd Youtube channel, Feb 18/12: Native thug assaults war veteran & cops [VIDEO, 2:17]
- CANACEhd, Feb 18/12: DCE occupiers assault police
- VoiceofCanada, Feb 22/12: Jerry Agar, CFRB/SUN TV: ‘Caledonia is a festering boil of racist policy’ that discriminates against Whites, Blacks, Jews, etc.
- VoiceofCanada, Feb 22/12: David Strutt photos: Caledonia 8 make history on Douglas Creek Estates in Caledonia
- VoiceofCanada, Feb 19/12: McHale arrested in Caledonia because Native man assaults 77 year old former Navy vet/UN peacekeeper & OPP officers
Hamilton Spectator, Feb 28/12: Ten things that have changed: McHale
While to some it appears inherently wrong ever to disagree with a native person, I have to say that Ms. Bomberry’s view that nothing has changed since 2006 is not supported by the evidence. Here are10 things that have changed since 2006.
1) Contrary to the Native occupiers’ view, Six Nation Band Council has repeatedly told the court there is no claim on title to people’s property. Judges have agreed.
2) Courts have repeatedly disagreed with the OPP refusal to enforce the law and have even rebuked the OPP for targeting legal property owners instead of Native protesters.
3) The OPP has been forced to accept that property owners do have the right to have Native trespassers arrested.
Posted in 1. VoC's MOST IMPORTANT POST, 2. VoC's Favorite Post, Caledonia Players, CANACE, Civil Rights Protests, Gary McHale, MUST SEE, Native Lawlessness, Native Protests - Caledonia, Planet Earth calling, Racial Policing, Uncategorized, Video
Tagged Jerret Jastow, Stuart Laughton, tracy bomberry; letters to editor
UPDATED Dec 09/11 — CANACE’s Director of Multimedia Production Jeff Parkinson has released a short movie that tells the story of the arrests of the Caledonia 8 on the Douglas Creek Estates on Dec 03/11.
Jeff himself was arrested, but handed the camera over to Christine McHale when it was his turn line to wear handcuffs so she could continue documenting the scene. Jeff is shown kneeling in the photo below.
The Caledonia Eight (L-R): Randy Fleming, Doug Fleming, Mark Vandermaas, Gary McHale, Jeff Parkinson (kneeling), Jack Van Halteren (w/hat), Merlyn Kinrade, Bonnie Stephens. PHOTO by Stuart Laughton, taken at OPP Caledonia sub-station after arrests.
TRIVIA: You’ll see a rather humorous scene where I’m bent over trying to get into the paddy wagon but the door is too small for my shoulders and it was almost impossible to twist sideways with my hands cuffed. As you watch me try to get through the door you’ll hear me say, “If the van doesn’t fit you must acquit” (with apologies to Johnny Cochran).
MORE TRIVIA: While we were inside the van Jeff asked if anyone knew any civil rights songs so I led the seven of us (Gary McHale was taken by other means of transport) in ‘We Shall Overcome,’ so that’s my voice you first hear singing from inside the van. I didn’t see Bonnie so I assumed she had been taken away with Gary, but she was, in fact, with us in another part of the paddywagon:
“There was a separate, small cell built into the van directly behind the front passenger side seat. I was sitting in there, but I could see out because there were rows of small holes in the side, sliding door that closed off the approximately 4′ x 4′ “cell” where I was. I could hear you guys behind me in the back. I heard you talking to each other, but I couldn’t make out all the words. I heard you singing and I joined in, and I heard Randy Fleming most clearly, so that might help you figure out where I was in relation to yourself. I think that you were on the driver side, so I was across from you. I might add that I was quite proud of my calmness because I am very claustrophobic.”
Posted in 1. VoC's MOST IMPORTANT POST, 2. VoC's Favorite Post, Caledonia 8 arrests - Dec 03/11, Caledonia Players, CANACE, CANACE News, Crimes Against Democracy, Doug Fleming, Gary McHale, Jeff Parkinson, John Robson, Mark Vandermaas, Merlyn Kinrade, Mohawk Warriors, MUST SEE, Native Protests - Caledonia, Native Racism, One Law for All!, OPP orders - Racial Policing, Planet Earth calling, Racial Policing, Racial Profiling, Video
Tagged Bonnie Stephens, Jack Van Halteren
UPDATE: VIDEO: The Caledonia Eight Arrested
CANACE’s videographer Jeff Parkinson caught a threat made against Bonnie Stephens by a native occupier while she was waiting for police to arrest her during our Saturday protest in Caledonia where eight of us were arrested for ‘trespassing’ on a Haldimand County road. The man can be heard clearly saying, “Come again and the cops won’t be here to protect you.”
- CANACE video, Dec 03/11: If you come again, the cops won’t be here to protect you [VIDEO, 0.03]
Even after 5 years of work in Caledonia, even after I and my associates were smeared and assaulted (several put in the hospital) and our property stolen and destroyed by Six Nations militants who ripped apart the community I must confess to still being surprized at just how much violence permeates the attitudes of some of the occupiers. Imagine – threatening a non-native woman for simply daring to stand on a county road! A road that has been declared off-limits to non-natives (and police!) by violent racists whose delusions are backed up by our province’s police force and the Ontario government.
I am reminded of Christie Blatchford’s observation:
“…the law in Haldimand County operates as the law in America’s Deep South once worked, where there was one law for the white man, who could break it with impunity, and another for the black man. In Haldimand County, since the occupation began, there has been one law for natives and another for non-natives.“
Posted in Caledonia 8 arrests - Dec 03/11, CANACE, CANACE News, Courage & Cowardice, Crimes Against Democracy, How low can they go?, MUST SEE, Native Lawlessness, Native Protests - Caledonia, Video
Tagged Bonnie Stephens, Douglas Creek Estates, native violence
Excellent video explaining geo-politically why Israel cannot withdraw from the land it captured after being attacked by Arab countries in the 1967 Six Day War:
Sometimes you just have to take a break from reality to have a good laugh. It’s good for the soul, and this interview by Brian Lilley of SUN News TV fits the bill perfectly as he exposes the wonderfully whacky world inside the head of anti-everything Luam Kidane from the ‘No One is Illegal’ organization:
The consensus in my circle is that Lilley deserves some kind of journalistic achievement award for keeping a straight face as long as he did. He couldn’t suppress his laughter, however, when Kidane declared that Canada was a white supremacist country that wasn’t a “legitimate entity.”