CORRECTION: In the original story, VoC incorrectly showed the date of Ed Holder’s announcement of federal funding for the London Muslim Mosque as being May 17, 2011 – AFTER the mosque’s fundraising dinner for the Tahrir boat to Gaza. The funding announcement was, in fact, made on May 17, 2010. I apologize to readers and Mr. Holder for this error. The story, story title and URL have all been updated via this replacement article.
On Sunday June 19/11 participants in the ‘Canada Boat to Gaza’ mission will fly to meet a boat called Tahrir which will attempt to land in Gaza. Its objective is to break the Israeli naval blockade of weapons delivery to Hamas – whose Charter calls for the destruction of Israel and extermination of Jews.
- United Nations Human Rights Council, July 06/06, A/HRC/S-1/NGO/4: Joint Statement on Hamas Charter [UN download PDF; VoC download PDF] (condemnation of Hamas Charter for calling for jihad against Jews)
- VoiceofCanada, May 18/11: Hamas MP: Jews brought to Palestine for the “great massacre” in preparation for United States of Islam caliphate
Those opposed to the Canadian boat’s mission refer to it as the ‘Sea Hitler.’
Feds fund London mosque after Gaza boat fundraiser
Blogger ‘Blazing Cat Fur’ has gathered evidence showing:
1. On Feb 05/11 the London (Ontario) Muslim Mosque hosted a fundraising dinner for the ‘Canadian Boat to Gaza.
2. The Operations Manager of the London Muslim Mosque, Muhammed Hamou, will be sailing on board the Sea Hitler.
3. The London Muslim Mosque has links to the Muslim Brotherhood through the Muslim Association of Canada.
4. The London Muslim Mosque has links to the Muslim Students Association. The MSA pledge includes these words: “Jihad is my spirit…I will die to establish Islam.”
5. On May 17/10 Conservative MP Ed Holder (London West) visited the London Muslim Mosque to announce that the federal government was providing $39,000 in funding from the Communities at Risk: Security Infrastructure Pilot (SIP) Program. Holder said, “The funding announced…will help improve security so that the London Muslim Mosque and its members can practice their faith and culture peacefully, and continue to remain engaged in our community without fear of harm.”
CORRECTION: In the original story, VoC incorrectly showed the date of Ed Holder’s announcement of funding for the London Muslim Mosque as being May 17, 2011 – AFTER the mosque’s fundraising dinner for the Tahrir boat to Gaza. The funding announcement was, in fact, made on May 17, 2010.