1. John C. Thompson, Mackenzie Institute (Toronto), June 2011: Just say ‘No’ to Sharia [PDF, 12p] (excellent beginning reference plus, Thompson’s traditionally-thorough research confirms that while there may be no such thing as ‘moderate Islam,’ there are, indeed, many moderate Muslims who choose not to practice Sharia within democratic societies.)
2. Center for the Study of Political Islam, 2010: Sharia Law for the Non-Muslim [PDF; VoC download PDF , 54p; HARD COPY] (Excellent reference w/supporting citations from the Quran and Sunnah. CSPI also offers inexpensive home study courses on Islam.)
3. Americans for Peace and Tolerance: Losing Our Community [VIDEO, 16:09] (teaches about dangers of Sharia while telling tragic story of Islam-influenced murder in Tennessee. Well documented and produced.)
Comprehensive, highly-credentialed, must-have reference re Sharia doctrine, and its dangers, as well as the influence of Muslim Brotherhood in subverting the U.S. Constitution. Supports argument that Sharia is a dangerous, totalitarian ideology on par with Nazism.
Authors include: former Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence; former Director, Defense Intelligence Agency; former Senior Consultant, Office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; former Special Agent, Counter-Terrorism Division, FBI; former Commander-in-Chief, Pacific Fleet; former Chief Assistant U.S. Attorney; former Inspector General, Department of Defense; and a former Director of Central Intelligence Agency. (list of authors p6, bios p309 of PDF, p297 of report)
Includes realistic, constitutionally-supportable recommendations for stopping Sharia. (p45 of PDF, p33 of report)
5. Gregory M. Davis: Islam 101 [LINK]
6a. Geert Wilders, Member of Parliament, The Netherlands
- Fitna [VIDEO, 16:48].It was this video that resulted in Wilders being charged – and finally acquitted in 2011 – under the Netherlands’ hate speech laws, shortly after which the Netherlands introduced a bill to combat the threat of which he had been prosecuted for warning about.
- Geert Wilders, March 25/11: Speech in Rome [PDF]
- Geert Wilders, Dec 05/10: Speech in Tel Aviv, Israel [PDF]
6b. Government of the Netherlands introduces comprehensive ‘Integration’ action plan to combat threat to Dutch society from Sharia:
- Hudson New York, June 23/11: The Netherlands to Abandon Multiculturalism.“The Dutch government says it will abandon the long-standing model of multiculturalism that has encouraged Muslim immigrants to create a parallel society within the Netherlands.”.
- Government of the Netherlands, June 16/11: Vision of Integration [PDF, 14p, English translation via Google; Dutch language docs: [PDF, PDF]
- Government of the Netherlands news release, June 17/11 (English): Integration policy based on Dutch values [PDF].“The government believes that Dutch society and the values it is based on should be central to integration policy. People who wish to live in the Netherlands are expected to contribute to social cohesion and demonstrate involvement and citizenship. The government is justified in imposing requirements on immigrants because society places the same demands on its own citizens.“
Highlights of the Netherlands action plan:
- a bill dealing with forced marriage under criminal law will be introduced, and prevention of forced marriage will be a priority;
- a bill will be introduced banning face coverings in public;
- the Civic Integration Act will be amended and made more rigorous.
- grants and measures for the integration of specific groups will be terminated and incorporated into general integration policy.
- a common agenda for modern citizenship will be drawn up in cooperation with municipalities, civil society organizations and citizens.
7. ‘Sam Solomon’ is a pseudonym for a former Muslim imam and Sharia courts judge who converted to Christianity and is now a lecturer, and an advisor to British & European parliamentarians re the dangers of Sharia. In 2011 VoiceofCanada editor Mark Vandermaas attended a 3-day intensive Sharia training seminar with Mr. Solomon in Toronto. Here is a selection of other lectures/interviews/books by him:
- Sam Solomon on Sharia basics, PART 1 [VIDEO, 14:19]
- Sam Solomon on Sharia basics, PART 2 [VIDEO, 11:59]
- Sam Solomon on Sharia basics, PART 3 [VIDEO, 14:24]
- Sam Solomon interview w/Michael Horton: [VIDEO, 9:36]
- Sam Solomon, June 2008: The Truth About ‘A Common Word‘ [PDF, 108p] (reply to joint Muslim letter to Christian leaders)
- The Mosque Exposed, Sam Solomon/E. Alamaqdisi, 2007
- Modern Day Trojan Horse: The Islamic Doctrine of Immigration, Sam Solomon/E. Alamaqdisi, 2009
B. ‘THE TRILOGY OF ISLAM’ – THE SOURCES OF SHARIA LAW
1. The Qur’an
2. The Hadiths (forms part of ‘Sunnah’)
3. The Sira (forms part of ‘Sunnah’)
1. The Qur’an
Direct word of Allah (God) as revealed to the Prophet Muhammed. Islamic doctrine is not confined to the Quran; Muslims are taught not only the ‘vision’ of the Quran, but they are also required to emulate the words and actions of Muhammed – collectively referred to as the Sunnah – which are recorded in the Hadiths and in the Sira. In addition to controlling every conceivable aspect of Muslim life, much of the text of these volumes is devoted to degrading, subduing, or controlling non-Muslims.
The Yusuf Ali translation is one of those recommended by Sam Solomon.:
- ONLINE: TheReligionofPeace.com – Noble Quran
- PRINT: Chapters.ca – Abdullah Yusuf Ali, 1934 (1st edition): An English Interpretation of the Holy Qur’an [Amazon.com]
About ‘abrogation’ of Quranic verses (IMPORTANT)
- Anwarul Haqq, June 16/06: Abrogation in the Koran [VoC Download: PDF, 77p] [Index of abrogated verses only (p74-77) w/example PDF, 5p]
The 114 Suras (chapters) of the Koran are not in chronological order, and many of the verses have been ‘abrogated’ by later verses, the effect of which is to mislead unknowing readers about the ‘peaceful’ nature of Islamic doctrine.
A good example of this is Sura 109 which, even though it appears near the end of the Koran, is actually an early sura that professes tolerance of other religions. The Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation (referred to as the ‘Yusuf Ali’ version) introduces Sura 109 this way:
“This is another early Makkan [Mecca] Sura. It defines the right attitude to those who reject Faith…there is no need to persecute or abuse anyone for his faith or belief’.”
Verse 6 of Sura 109 concludes the sura as follows:
“6. To you be your way, and to me mine.”
Muslims can quote Sura 109 to show how tolerant Islam is of other religions, but verse 6 has been abrogated by the later revelation contained in verse 5 of Sura 9 in which the tolerance of other faiths was replaced with this murderous instruction:
“5. But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every strategem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and pay Zakat then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”
Words & actions of Muhammad, as well as those of whom he approved, organized by topic – recorded by Islamic scholars – which govern every conceivable aspect of Muslim life and the treatment of non-Muslims.
- WikiIslam: Qur’an, Hadith and Scholars (collection of Hadiths by topics.
3. The Sira
The Sira, short for ‘Sirat Rasul Allah’ (Life of the Messenger of Allah), is the biography of Muhammad’s life. It is more than 800 pages long.
- WikiIslam: Sirat Rasul Allah (Sira)
- Archive.org: Sirat Rasul Allah, by Ibn Ishaq (info & download)
- Wikipedia.org: Ibn Ishaq
C. ADDITIONAL REFERENCES
- Center for Security Policy, May 20/11: Shariah Law and American State Courts: An Assessment of State Appellate Court Cases [PDF, 635P, 2.4MB] (study finds Sharia Law involved in court cases in 23 states)
- Terrorism Research Initiative, Perpsectives on Terrorism journal, Dec 2011: Sharia Adherence Mosque Survey: Correlations between Sharia Adherence and Violent Dogma in U.S. Mosques [HTML; PDF; PDF (VoC Download), 58p] “In 84.5% of the [Sharia adherent] mosques, the imam recommended studying violence-positive texts. […] Fifty-eight percent of the mosques invited guest imams known to promote violent jihad.”
- Melanie Phillips (U.K.): MelaniePhillips.com
- Center for Security Policy: CenterForSecurityPolicy.org
- ACT! for America: ActForAmerica.org
- Jihad Watch (Robert Spencer): JihadWatch.org
- Center for the Study of Political Islam: PoliticalIslam.com
- WikiIslam: Core Articles
- American Thinker, James Arlandson, Aug 13/05: Top ten reasons why sharia is bad for all societies
- PEGIDA Canada: www.PegidaCanada.org