Don’t miss the photos of Randy Fleming’s May 24/09 arrest while peacefully holding a Canadian flag in this report just issued by CANACE Executive Director Gary McHale:
The sequence of photos in this report were captured from a video of Fleming’s protest, and clearly shows he did nothing more than calmly walk down the road and then a few feet onto DCE.
He had his back to native occupiers coming towards him; he then retraced his path back towards police when they arrived; and he did not resist arrest.
OPP Race-based Policing alive and well in Caledonia
As the report points out it is outrageous that non-natives holding Canadian flags are arrested in Caledonia while a native man who attacked Gary McHale and police officers on Dec 01/07 got a letter of reference from OPP Commissioner Julian Fantino – who also intervened to drop a charge of Assault Police against him arising from the same incident!
- VoiceofCanada, May 02/09: McHale hearing: OPP officer confirms existence of racial policing! (also contains notes from Fantino testimony re evidence showing he made charge disappear against Clyde Powless)
- VoiceofCanada, Jan 03/08: McHale, Caledonia fight Fantino attempt to rewrite history (Fantino writes letter of reference for native man who assaulted McHale and his officers on Dec 01/07. This AFTER he made an Assault Police charge disappear for the man while ordering officers to find a way to charge McHale – his victim! See Fantino emails below.)
- McHale trial documents: Fantino emails re Dec 01/07
- VoiceofCanada, Jan 21/09: Exposed: How the McGuinty gov’t refused to investigate criminal allegations against Fantino (see section 1 for details on OPP’s racially-biased ‘investigation’ into the smokeshack protest of Dec 01/07 which turned violent after natives attacked peaceful non-natives and police. Not a single charge was laid for numerous attacks by natives on police.)
Other info re May 24/09 flag raising protest in Caledonia
- CaledoniaWakeUpCall.com feature: May 24/09 Flag Raising Event
- VoiceofCanada, May 26/09: OPP line up to stop Canadian flag raising
- VoiceofCanada, May 26/09: VoC speech: Lessons from Dr. King and the Little Rock Nine
- VoiceofCanada, May 29/09: OPP lied to Kinrade at Caledonia flag raising
So far 4 Canadians have been arrested for wanting to raise a Canadian flag on public property. OPP officers ripped the Canadian flag from my hands before arresting me on Dec 16/06. Gary McHale was arrested on the same day while standing on the side of the road waiting for a senior OPP officer to arrive to explain why non-natives weren’t allowed to put up flags. The first to be arrested was Caledonia resident Bo Chausse on Dec 02/06.
As I noted in ‘OPP lied to Kinrade at Caledonia flag raising,’ the contrast between the brutal treatment of peaceful non-natives holding Canadian flags and the racist native occupiers who order the police to violate our rights couldn’t be clearer.
- VoiceofCanada, Dec 18/06: Canadian flag ripped from my hands by OPP – VoC goes to jail!
- VoiceofCanada, Jan 21/07: OPP & OPPA vs. Supreme Court of Canada and the Charter of Rights & Freedoms
Protests are being planned for Caledonia to support Randy Fleming, and I hope you will answer the call to join us when the time comes.
Mark Vandermaas, Editor